Replies - Activity - SalisburySam - Rachio Community
Valves connected to multiple zone controls
I’d still look at the pressure tank again even if new. The system should just not work that way. Biggest suspects are the pressure sensors that determine when to start and when to stop the well pump. If the low pressure sensor is set too close to the shutoff sensor pressure you’ll get exactly the…
Alarm.com
Thanks. I’ve submitted an email request to my alarm system provider.
Make a simple Weekly Schedule
There is likely a better way than this, but if I understand what you’re trying to do, you could unplug your Rachio unit, add a smart plug that works with your home network and can be controlled remotely, and plug the Rachio unit into the smart plug. I did this when I grew tired of the twice-a-year …
Rachio3 Firmware
Why be-and-lo-hold @JBTexas, it is so! My Gen3 is also now on iro3-firmware-hk-5-645, possibly updating itself since plugging it back in recently after its winter nap. I just got my system running again, reinstalling the booster pump I overwinter in the garage, resetting the backflow valves, turni…
Website says Rachio 3 has these features, but where?
Could you suggest/link to the compatible flow meters that do deliver the requested features?
Contractor account questions
Here in North Carolina we don’t have to blow out our systems, just shut them down. We do drain any outdoor hoses though. We’ve shared our contractor access to our Rachio3 since we received it. No cost to contractor (or anyone else you choose), gives them limited or full access…your choice. Works…
Tree's and shrubs
We too have areas of trees and shrubs/flowers all on drip lines, no bubblers. Our installer used the drip line to circle the trees 3-4 times to give them more water for deeper watering. Seems to work and all are thriving.
New to Rachio Need help
Welcome to the community and Rachio ownership. I’d suggest checking your Rachio unit to see which one you have. Then download and read the owners manual from the Rachio website. This gets you going. I’m guessing your new home’s irrigation system is working. Can the previous owner or realtor exp…
If a Rachio 4 were announced, what are you hoping for?
Not sure I understand your #7 that “…wireless will begin to suck soon.” It certainly has its issues today, but with WiFi6 delivered, mesh routing, speeds up to 1gbps, etc., I see the trend going positive, not negative. I’d appreciate your thinking here.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Thank you, and I envy your networking and HomeKit successes. Since your helpful post, I took my two iPhones, two iPads, one iMac and the Rachio3 controller and did as you suggest: forgot the network, signed back in, and on the Rachio3 reset the network. I also restarted my network (8 eeroPro mesh …
Controller dependency on Rachio
This doesn’t sound right, but could be. The IoT devices I have will all work very well without constant communications to the mothership. Certainly if the manufacturer decides to no longer support the device as most do over time, or leave the business altogether for whatever reason, the only real …
No Water/sprinkers not running/not sure where to start at this point
This sounds like your water was turned off at the meter. And that you have two meters: one for the home and one for the irrigation, a situation similar to mine. When we winterize, the irrigation water is turned off at the meter, the back flow preventer opened, the booster pump removed and put into…
Future of Rachio WebApp & Web Calendar Issues
Agree that a fertilizer injection system would be icing on this cake indeed! If appropriately selective, this could also be a weed-killer injector. I’d be right behind you ordering this.
Did Rachio Discontinue the Desktop (windows) Application?
The link works on the Safari browser on my iPadPro, so should work in any browser. And yes, much easier to edit on my iPad’s keyboard than the iPhone virtual one or trying to use voice input.
Lowest PR sprinkler
Split the zone…no other long-term solution.
HomeKit stopped working today
Er, it has been over two years. Our definitions of “in a hurry” are widely divergent.
Rachio 3 Zones
…or the Costco version for 12 zones.
I find rachio to be way more complicated than it needs to be
Chris, this is wonderful news indeed. Taking your talents and skills and putting them back into the product will be a huge plus for us owners. Just the last two paragraphs of your message demonstrate empathy for the issues we’re experiencing and hope for solid solutions. And congratulations to Ki…