Likes - Activity - SalisburySam - Rachio Community

RF shielding fixed offline problem

Overview

With the power of Wi-Fi 6 and 7 these days, along with housing density, these types of issues can become very common. It is crazy the amount of signal interference exists out there and people don’t realize how much it can affect your own Wi-Fi signal. Setting channels is beyond 90% of the population,…

Recommendations

  1. Make sure that your 2.4GHz is on channel 1, 6, or 11, and ensure that it’s on a different channel than your neighbor.
  2. Use WiFiMan from Ubiquiti Networks to find out who uses what channels and what the signal strength is.

Personal Experience

The front of my controller is about 90’ from my router and faces in the router direction. The back is about 20’ from my neighbor's router. My controller would work fine for a couple of days then drop offline, sometimes multiple times a day. I happened to have a piece of 16 oz. (24 gauge) roofing copper…

Troubleshooting Steps

Additional Thoughts

It just occurred to me that maybe your pressure tank is defective. I assume you have a pressure tank that allows for some volume of water to be delivered before turning on the pump. I suspect pulling more water won’t really change the cycling problem.

Feedback

I have had problems with my first generation unit for months and am having it removed for a manual sprinkler system instead.