All - Activity - rcoletti116 - Rachio Community
rcoletti116
Robert M Coletti
Athens, Ga
Growing greener grass in Athens, Ga so my 3 kids can laugh and play outdoors.
Boot Error - Known Hardware Failures
Feedback
Jan 20, 2023
I appreciate your fair response, and can agree “countless” might be a stretch. I probably could count the instances reported on the community. One post had 67 comments, many of which were “me too.” These also don’t account for people who have had the problem and had it resolved by support in warrant…
Boot Error - Known Hardware Failures
Feedback
Jan 20, 2023
My Rachio 3 recently died from a boot error. My unit is 2.5 years old so support told me it is out of warranty and I must buy another one. When I researched here on the community I was shocked to find so many other occurrences of the same problem. You can see the search results and review individua…
Hard reset Rachio 3, Still "Boot Error One"
Tech Support
Jan 20, 2023
This just happened to me, but I’m just past 6 months past my 2 years and am up the creek. They won’t replace it and want me to buy a new one. Considering this issue is so prevalent I don’t think I will be spending more money here. Like others have said, we expect these things to last more than a cou…
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jun 3, 2022
Correct.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jun 3, 2022
I used to reset a lot when I first got my Rachio. It would sometimes resolve it temporarily, but would always come back to no response within a few days. At point I put it on a smart plug and would turn it off and back on once a day and this often helped, but then I needed the plug elsewhere. To add…
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jan 31, 2022
There has been some comments here and evidence suggesting the issue with the Rachio and HomeKit is based on a poor mDNS implementation. In most reports here, the device will be lost in Homekit, but never disconnect from WiFi and is usually the only problematic WiFi HK device. HomeKit relies on mDNS …
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Dec 19, 2021
I doubt it is a priority for Apple. They have been “testing” since at least the last week in September. The HomeKit team is likely not large and focused on new device certifications. My guess is Rachio just hopes we forget about this because, for me at least, we will be entering the 3rd watering se…
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Apr 21, 2021
That didn’t happen for me.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Apr 21, 2021
I submitted the form, but thought a comment here might benefit others. I updated to the beta last night. The set up went perfectly and I tested all of my zones successfully. I’ve had no issues since.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Apr 5, 2021
Agreed. As HomeKit users we are probably more particular because we have to choose our devices from a smaller selection. We invest in HomeKit over Alexa and Google Assistant for specific reasons. Suggesting we implement another misses the point. Don’t get me wrong, I think the folks making these s…
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Mar 15, 2021
Yep. Had other choices and chose this product because of the HomeKit ecosystem. Turning up my sprinklers again for the spring and was hoping it would be ironed out. Hopefully soon
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Oct 24, 2020
No update in 2 weeks and just had my last watering of the year this week. I’m feeling not-so-great about this again.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Sep 19, 2020
I’m curious, did you abandon the plan to integrate directly with the ADK? This sounds like it.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Sep 9, 2020
No update that I saw.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Aug 28, 2020
Thanks Michael. I am grateful for the focus on this problem. I do hope the weekly updates will continue. Even if there’s not much week to week it’s reassuring that you are constantly keeping us informed.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jun 26, 2020
I agree, absolutely. Just pointing out that it was only 1 week ago that they announced they would be integrating directly with the Apple development kit, rather than relying solely on the chip manufacturer’s integration.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jun 26, 2020
I’d be shocked if we did. Software development cycles, especially ones with 3rd party integrations don’t usually move that fast.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
Jun 19, 2020
Sounds like a great plan. If I’m interested in being a beta tester who should I tell? Is this sufficient notification?
Manual Zone + Intelligence
Product Suggestions
Jun 4, 2020
Yes I do have some free zones. It’s weird though because I don’t recall ever getting a notification when the system runs. I’ll have to check my settings.
Manual Zone + Intelligence
Product Suggestions
Jun 1, 2020
I have a section of my yard that my sprinklers don’t reach. I have to roll out a hose/sprinkler to do that section. Obviously, this isn’t a real zone in the controller. It would be amazing if there was a way to set this up as an unused zone without automation and receive notifications from Weather …
Apple HomeKit Zones Don't Show Up
Tech Support
May 31, 2020
Yeah, I removed the iPad as a standby hub. It didn’t have any effect. I reset my Apple TV as well. No change. I also removed my Airport Express. Note the Rachio has always been connected to my main AP. This had no effect. Rebooting usually works from anywhere to 30 minutes to a few hours. I’m no…
Apple HomeKit Zones Don't Show Up
Tech Support
May 26, 2020
Sure, I’ll do some additional troubleshooting on my network, though I would not place that bet. My main reason for posting was to see if anyone had seen and successfully fixed this issue. I’ll contact support for further help.
Apple HomeKit Zones Don't Show Up
Tech Support
May 26, 2020
I have Airport Extreme + Express Repeater. Yes, an Apple TV as primary Home Hub and an iPad as standby hub.
Apple HomeKit Zones Don't Show Up
Tech Support
May 26, 2020
Thanks. I did both of these things before posting. Actually, if I do restart any of the devices it does go back to working for a while, but no more than an hour I’d say.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
May 26, 2020
Understood. I wasn’t sure it was unrelated, and I did start with a separate thread. My crime perhaps was impatience.
Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)
Tech Support
May 26, 2020
I posted this as a separate issue, but didn’t get a response. this seems to be the defacto HomeKit thread, so I’m adding here in case anyone has seen similar behavior. I followed this HomeKit thread extensively, but haven’t seen this issue. I have a Rachio 3 on the latest firmware 5.632. I had no p…
Apple HomeKit Zones Don't Show Up
Tech Support
May 23, 2020
I have a problem that I haven’t found in the forums. I have a Rachio 3 on the latest firmware 5.632. I had no problem installing it or setting up on HomeKit from the get-go. I followed the HomeKit thread extensively. In the Home app all I see is the status “Off” or “Running”. Sometimes when I clic…