All - Activity - Haymarket_Dave - Rachio Community

Sudden Failure in Flow Monitor

Wireless Flow

3 days ago

@milehiguy, Thanks for your response. I believe I have isolated the failure to that EveryDrop receiver box because (1) when placed in TEST mode, the Rachio 3 Pro app still sees no flow during a calibration and (2) when I removed the Meter+ connection from the EveryDrop receiver and tap it repeatedly…

Sudden Failure in Flow Monitor

Wireless Flow

3 days ago

Newly installed (a month ago) EveryDrop meter calibrated and was working fine. Today the Rachio 3 app reports low flow, but EveryDrop receiver display shows nominal flow rate. When I attempt to re-calibrate, the app shows zero flow through whole calibration. However, if I hit cancel before it’s done…

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 21

I ended up buying the new WL-1200 from EveryDrop and it seems to be working well. I get an RSSi that fluctuates between -96 and -101. EveryDrop thinks that will be fine. It’s installed and calibrated now and seems to be working ok. Happy to not have to deal with the cable.

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 9

Make that 0.90/foot (sorry @jadwin79!)

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 9

Interesting. I did not think of Ethernet cable. @jadwin79 pointed out that Everydrop’s cable (I did not see that at first on their site) is only 0.79 per foot, so not much more than shielded direct burial Ethernet cable, but good to know that works!

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 1

Hi! It’s at least four walls, the hardwood floor, and poured concrete basement wall. The TX would be along the concrete basement wall, back of the house, south west side, while the Rachio 3 Pro is inside the garage, on north east corner at grade. If it were just vinyl siding, drywall and insulation …

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 1

Thanks for the inputs. I would be running it through the house (meter would be installed a few inches from the exterior wall. I would not be burying the cable and would protect the exposed part with conduit as it’s definitely not UV resistant jacket. That said, I really don’t want to do it twice jus…

22 AWG Shielded Twisted Pair for Everydrop Wired Flow Meter OK?

Wired Flow Sensors

Jun 1

I would like to add the Everydrop wired flow meter to my system but the controller is literally on the opposite corner of the house, a good 75 feet LOS, making wireless a no-go. I happen to have several hundred feet of 22 AWG shielded twisted pair cable (West Penn 291) that was left over from an au…