Zones reordered on schedules, cannot change them - Troubleshooting / Tech Support - Rachio Community

Zones reordered on schedules, cannot change them

post by mikejeep on Jun 25, 2024

It appears that all of my schedules have had the zones re-ordered sequentially (Zone 1-12) and I am no longer able to change the order. I can change the duration that each zone runs, but if I try to rearrange the order, it doesn’t “stick” after I save it. I can move the zones around, but if I go back to the Duration screen, it is reset sequentially again.

This used to work fine and was an important feature to me.

Rachio app version 4.18.1, 2nd generation controller.

post by tmcgahey on Jun 26, 2024

Just to confirm, you are talking about wanting to rearrange the order in which each zone runs within a given schedule?
Can I ask why this is an important feature for you?

post by mikejeep on Jun 26, 2024

Correct. It was possible until very recently, and the app still allows you to rearrange the zones on a schedule, it just reverts back after you save your changes.

It is important to me because some of my zones have water hammer issues if they are the last zone to run in a schedule. I also have some schedules that run for 2.5 hours, and I prefer a certain zones to run earlier and some later within that window.

post by franz on Jun 26, 2024

Have you tried this, or are you saying that no longer works?
How do I edit a watering schedule?.

post by mikejeep on Jun 26, 2024

That is what I have always done and it always worked great (I’ve had a Rachio for 7+ years). Something changed recently, I believe when the option to add seconds to a duration was added. After you tap Save, any changes to the timing stick, but the zones are reordered sequentially.

I just updated the Rachio app to version 4.18.2 (Android) and the same behavior exists.

I uploaded a video here demonstrating the issue.

post by franz on Jun 26, 2024

Ok thank you. I have the mobile Android team looking into this.

post by mikejeep on Jun 27, 2024

Updated to 4.18.3 today and that appears to have fixed it – thank you for such a fast reply and resolution!

post by franz on Jun 27, 2024

Fantastic, thank you for letting us know everything back to normal.

post by jenl on Jul 11, 2024

hi - I am having a similar issue - I can no longer re-order my zones. The save button is there, but I cannot click on it. I am on an iPhone, on the 4.18.3 release and still having the issue

post by franz on Jul 11, 2024

I will have the engineering team review.

post by franz on Jul 11, 2024

This is a defect, the team will get out in our next release.

There is a workaround (obviously not ideal), but you can reorder zones into their preferred order, then adjust the duration of one of them to enable save → save → edit again and fix the duration you adjusted.

Thank you for reporting this!

post by jenl on Jul 11, 2024

Thank you!