Zone expansion - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community
Zone expansion
post by M23213109 on Feb 3, 2025
I am building a new large garden and will need more than 16 zones. I have used the Rachio 3 for several years but now need more capacity. Does that require 2 controllers? Is there anyway to daisy chain the two so there is no overlap in schedules? Suggestions? Thx
post by tmcgahey on Feb 3, 2025
Yes, 2 controllers. No, they can’t be “daisy chained”. They would be independent controllers which can add its own complexity.
What do your zones consist of? In my yard, I swapped all my spray nozzles with Hunter MP Rotators and the lower flow allowed me to combine up to 3 zones (I have no master valve) into a single Rachio zone, opening up my 16 zone for expansion.
post by M23213109 on Feb 3, 2025
Thanks. It’s a habitat garden with a wide variety of species and a little turf grass. I agree, maybe with some creative head design and watching the GPH I can reduce the number of zones.