Zone always wet - advanced setting adjustment - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community
Zone always wet - advanced setting adjustment
post by Mistangz5 on Sep 30, 2023
I have a zone in my lawn that is near a drainage ditch in my yard, so it’s naturally always pretty moist. What should I change in my advanced zone settings to account for this? Available water?
post by tmcgahey on Oct 3, 2023
The whole zone, or just part of it?
Honesty, I think it’s going to be a lot of trial and error, but could start by lowering crop coefficients (setting for how quickly plants use the water) 10-15 points and see how that does. Adjust as needed if you see it could still go down more.
post by Mistangz5 on Oct 4, 2023
It’s mostly a pretty wet zone, especially in the spring and fall. Needless to say, I’ve gotten my mower stuck in it a few times…
Thanks for the answer, I wasn’t sure which setting to adjust. I’ll start there!
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Sprinklers | 1 | 51 | Mar 24 |
| Converting Rain Bird to Rachio3 Help | 2 | 160 | Nov 2025 |
| Stuck on the simple installation | 6 | 133 | Sep 2025 |
| Scheduling Bug for end before schedules | 2 | 92 | Sep 2025 |
| Product idea: controller/app for potted plants with pump | 1 | 76 | 22d |