YardPro + Rachio: The Ultimate Irrigation Mapping & Maintenance Tool - Lawn Nerds - Rachio Community

YardPro + Rachio: The Ultimate Irrigation Mapping & Maintenance Tool

post by Arik on Jul 5, 2025

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a Rachio fan for years and have several installed at my house! But over time I noticed I still struggled to keep track of all my zone valves, underground lines, and maintenance tasks across my property. That’s why I built YardPro, a companion app designed to fill in the gaps:

I’d love to hear from other Rachio users—how do you document your irrigation setups? If you’d like to give YardPro a spin, head over to https://yardpro.com or search “YardPro” in your favorite app store. Use code RACHIOFRIEND for three months of free premium access.

Thanks for reading, and happy watering!

—Arik from YardPro

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jul 5, 2025

Good job, that seems pretty cool. I use Google Earth’s KMLs for my home which works really pretty well. I actually have more information stored than what it seems you have including information about the spray heads. When you say it is integrated with Rachio, in what aspect?

post by Arik on Jul 5, 2025

Hey Thomas, thanks for checking out the app!

When you say spray head information, what kind of data are you mapping? We will be adding a lot more metadata in upcoming versions and would love to know what you find valuable.

As for Rachio integration, we connect to the Rachio API to import all your zones. You can then attach each maker and line to a zone. This way, when you pull up a sprinkler head or drip line, you can know exactly what Rachio zone it’s on. Then you can hit Run Zone and run the zone from within the app. I have found this super helpful when I’m doing repairs.

Another feature we have built (but not released yet) allows you to chart out all your Rachio zones to see when they are running. This is super helpful if you have multiple controllers because you can have overlapping programs and depending on your water source, you can easily have water pressure issues. This is not something Rachio currently has in their app, but is necessary to know for large installations.

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jul 5, 2025

I use Hunter MP Rotators on my lawn and display the pins in the head color so I know exactly what heads are where. I know some of this you display, but I also display where the valves are for each zone which valve both, zone boundaries, where low voltage lighting are placed and in which zone, etc. As it turns out, one of Google’s historical imagery shows my trenches, so I do not really need to be concerned about where my pipes are laid out.

post by Arik on Jul 5, 2025

Thanks for that feedback. This is V1, so lots of enhancements are coming. Really high-quality and historical maps is the next challenge we are tackling. We have a provider of very high-quality maps and can even ingest drone photos, but having some scaling issues we need to solve before launching. Hopefully, we’ll have this up in a couple of weeks.

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jul 5, 2025

I do wish that I took measurements from the trenches and even photos from a UAV, but at least I have the historical Google Earth imagery to refer to. When I have dug to split zones, it so far has been a relatively small hole before I hit pipes, so far.

Importing & exporting KML/KMZ files might be helpful to people like me.

post by Arik on Jul 5, 2025

Exporting is definitely in the backlog. Sign up for the app, and as a user, we’ll keep you posted on updates.