Wireless Flow Meter Gen2 Compatible? - Getting Started / Wireless Flow Meter - Rachio Community

Wireless Flow Meter Gen2 Compatible?

post by CH-Johnson on Mar 20, 2018

Will the wireless Flow Meter be compatible with the Gen2 hardware or only Gen3?

post by laura.bauman on Mar 20, 2018

Hey @CH-Johnson,
The Wireless Flow Meter is only compatible with the Rachio 3! Thanks for checking

post by CH-Johnson on Mar 20, 2018

I had a feeling it would be a deliberate marketing move to make us Gen2 users want to update. We all know that it could’ve been compatible, but we know how it goes.

post by Brandon on Mar 22, 2018

So what was the point of a gen2… an extra rain sensor and some buttons? Definitely not getting the value out Rachio’s at this point.

post by mtredfish on Apr 13, 2018

Ok, that sucks! I just bought my Gen2 and your latest (pretty big) value add option isn’t compatible?
This is why people get pissed…bad business.
I suggest you provide a rebate or trade in program for your customers to upgrade…

post by CH-Johnson on Apr 13, 2018

There was a discount for a while on the Gen3 for current owners, but it wasn’t substantial enough for me and I think it already expired.