Wire multiple valves to one zone in serial or parallel - Troubleshooting / Wiring - Rachio Community
Wire multiple valves to one zone in serial or parallel
post by Carson on Jun 24, 2023
When wiring multiple (3) valves to a single zone, should I wire the 3 valves in serial or parallel?
Thank you!
Carson
post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 24, 2023
Any valve should be ran parallel. In series, it would cut the available power and may not open the valves properly. If you have a master valve or pump, that might be too much power draw for the system.
post by Carson on Jun 29, 2023
Thank you. This is a big help.
post by RyleyA22 on Jul 26, 2023
What would happen if there is too much power draw? Blow the fuse?
post by tmcgahey on Jul 26, 2023
Possibly, or just not operate the valves correctly.
post by RyleyA22 on Jul 26, 2023
I ask because I had 2 valves wired, plus the main valve plus I put on water hammer. It got to the overloaded zone and shut down. Now all of the zones associated with that common wire (6 of the 16) are giving a ‘fault - open line’ reading while the others are fine. Trying to tap down what the issue is… controller? Solenoids blew? Common wire fried?
post by tmcgahey on Jul 26, 2023
I just replied to your other post.