Winterizing and WFM - Accessories & Sensors / Wireless Flow - Rachio Community

Winterizing and WFM

post by kc_cw on Oct 24, 2019

I just had my sprinkler guy out for blowing out the lines to winterize. As we ran the zones with air I received a Low-Flow Detected email and app notification for each zone. I also found it a little harder than expected to run the zones for a manual 2 minute then 1 minute cycle each. It seems to me that Rachio could add a Winterizing mode that lets you easily cycle through the zones and mutes any WFM related warnings.

I mean, I am winterizing, I know that there is no water flowing while the zone is running! Duh, Rachio!

post by laura.bauman on Oct 24, 2019

Good call out @kc_cw! Standby mode should help this too :slight_smile:

post by kc_cw on Oct 24, 2019

I just watched the video on this page: Winterization Basics

That suggested switching to Standby mode first, then in Standby use the manual mode. Is that my problem? I didn’t switch to standby until the end. If I was in standby during the manual zone cycles, would it be smarter and not give me the low flow notices and emails?

post by laura.bauman on Oct 24, 2019

Correct! That should have kept those notifications from coming through.