Wi-Fi Password? - Troubleshooting / Wi-Fi - Rachio Community

Wi-Fi Password?

post by DHK on Oct 3, 2022

After I installed my new Rachio 3 a few weeks ago, I didn’t remember entering the Wi-Fi password. I assumed in the heat of setting it up I didn’t remember that unimportant fact. Yesterday I changed my Wi-FI password, and because of my missing memory of password entry, I tried a quick run on my system AND IT WORKED! How is it possible for Rachio to access a secure Wi-FI??? FWIW I’m using an old Linksys Velop Mesh system.

post by MSTRCL33N on Oct 4, 2022

In theory if you changed the WiFi password on the WiFi transmitter Rachio should not have connected. I have sometime had a senior moment where I forgot that the router has a password, and the WiFi has a separate password. Could it be you changed the router sign-in password and not the WiFi password? Or else when you clicked “save” it didn’t work for some reason?

post by DHK on Oct 5, 2022

Legitimate question, but I have quite a few leak detectors that were complaining because the PW changed…

post by tmcgahey on Oct 5, 2022

Did you change the password on only one of the bands?

post by DHK on Oct 5, 2022

Nope, Velop lets you keep the PWs the same for both bands, and will put you on whichever is best.

post by jhhaller on Oct 6, 2022

Maybe your neighbor had an insecure WiFi, and you connected to that? Or you have a passwordless guest network?

post by DHK on Oct 7, 2022

Interesting thought, although the few times I see neighbors SSIDs they are protected… and my guest network has a PW as well. It is a puzzlement, to coin phrase.