What's My Soil Type? - Settings - Rachio Community
What’s My Soil Type?
post by MichaelS76 on Oct 25, 2022
I’ve had my Rachio now for over 2 years. I’ve had my soil type set as Loam (based off what Rachio selected during my initial setup) for the entire duration. I’m not totally sure that is a correct selection though. Here’s what websoilsurvey.com says. Should I switch from Loam to Clay?
Typical profile
- Ap - 0 to 6 inches: silt loam
- A - 6 to 13 inches: silt loam
- Bt - 13 to 19 inches: silty clay loam
- Btg - 19 to 56 inches: silty clay loam
- BCg - 56 to 79 inches: silty clay loam
post by Logisan on Oct 29, 2022
I guess the answer partly depends on how far down the roots go.
post by MichaelS76 on Oct 30, 2022
My grass is tall fescue. I’ve seen a wide array of answers on the internet as to how deep fescue roots grow.
post by championc on Nov 1, 2022
Do a Mason Jar test. Very simple. I got my soil completely wrong because of me “presuming” my soil. It meant my grass needed extra manual watering when the system could have done it.