Web Soil Survey Results - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community

Web Soil Survey Results

post by RitzLondon on Sep 2, 2021

Available Water: 0.19

Setting

Typical profile

Properties and qualities

Few questions for the community, please.

  1. What soil type would you pick? Silty Clay? (Bermuda Grass)
  2. What option would you select for the slope?
  3. I have a 25ft raised garden vegetable bed with a water drip, is there a particular way to set that up? (i.e. soil type, etc) Learn More

Thank you for your awesome help!

post by Thomas_Lerman on Sep 2, 2021

Personally, I would likely pick based upon what you wrote:

  1. Silty clay: I would try digging to see about verifying, maybe even a mason jar test
  2. <=3% = flat; <=6% = slight; <=12% = moderate; otherwise = steep. See Smart Cycle and manual cycle and soak features for that information. I would verify with a level app on the phone that uses the camera and a line to look at various parts of the yard
  3. I have not got to that point yet.