Weather Stations outside US used for ET - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community
Weather Stations Outside US Used for ET
Post by wpd84 on May 27, 2022
Hello Rachio Community
I’ve set up my first Rachio a couple of days ago and I’m running a flex daily schedule across 6 zones.
The first thing I did was to compare Rachio’s ET values to those reported by our national weather service which, here in Germany, is the DWD.
I found their values for potential evapotranspiration to be significantly lower than what Rachio reports.
As I understand Rachio uses the closest national weather station for ET calculations, so I checked under Controller Settings → Weather Source (national) and found a single station located on a US airforce base in Wiesbaden, Germany (ETOU).
Now I suspect this is a US national weather station rather than a German national weather station and I know several other WS that are closer by (some of them on airports if that’s a criterium).
How can I verify which station Rachio actually uses for ET and how can I select a different one?
Thanks so much
Sebastian
394 views
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Gallons Saved per Skip | 2 | 78 | Sep 2025 |
| Seasonal Shift DOUBLED my watering times | 0 | 71 | May 5 |
| [Best Ambient Weather Network | How It Works and Why You Should Use It](https://community.rachio.com/t/best-ambient-weather-network-how-it-works-and-why-you-should-use-it/42294) | 2 | 260 |
| Inconsistent saturation skip | 0 | 94 | Dec 2025 |
| Weather skip still runs | 2 | 87 | May 31 |