Watherstation - Settings - Rachio Community

Watherstation

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 29, 2021

Tell your dam IT GUY to leave my Rachio alone. Who in the hell authorized him to change my weather station? I prefer to have to choose no weather station. I have a rain gauge I trust more than any weather station or weather person. I live in Florida; 90% of the rain comes from the coast and never hits the center of Florida. Instead of making changes, people want to make these changes and don’t tell anyone. You never post any update coming. So stop making changes without my knowledge. Listen to your customers and not some IT guy trying to make his job easier and ours more difficult. Leave my Rachio alone.

post by tmcgahey on Oct 29, 2021

Did you actually look at the information and see that the weather station changed? I had the same banner on all my controllers, but nothing was changed with my weather stations…

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 29, 2021

Yes, I had a local PWS set that doesn’t collect nor calculate rainfall. When the IT changed my setup to their recommended weather station, it tripped the irrigation to turn off, alerting me that it would skip watering today. I don’t know why they don’t want to make the changes we ask but alter your setting without your knowledge and permission. I am not new to Rachio; why can’t they have no weather station? I have a rain gauge and trust it more than any weather station or meteorologist.

post by Linn on Oct 29, 2021

The option to turn off the components of weather intelligence has been there for quite some time. For a schedule, you can turn off rain skip, wind skip, seasonal shift, saturation skip, and freeze skip in any combination you desire. Turning them all off would turn off weather intelligence.

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 29, 2021

If it was there all this time, then why was I notified when you updated your recommendations from my PWS site and changed my setting without my permission? Your changes tripped the notification of turning off my scheduled irrigation. I want to be alerted of any changes.

post by rraisley on Oct 29, 2021

So, you had a weather station that did NOT measure any rainfall and selected it? Rainfall is the ONLY parameter used from a PWS. Since you’re using Fixed Schedules, the amount of rain would never be used anyway.

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 30, 2021

You are wrong; just because a PWS has precipitation indicated doesn’t mean they work. Most do not register any precipitation at all, but they all have temperature and wind. Rachio admitted that they use a third-party to calculate the precipitation not reported by PWS.

post by rraisley on Oct 30, 2021

I think you’re missing a big point: NO PWS information is used from ANY PWS except rainfall.

post by Linn on Oct 31, 2021

Please be advised that I am just a customer like you. We are just here to help each other out. As mentioned, Rachio ONLY uses the PWS for precipitation.

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 31, 2021

You both are misinformed. Most PWS do not provide any precipitation; Rachio fills in the information from a third-party.

post by rraisley on Oct 31, 2021

Well, for the maybe 20 PWS locations close to me, all but 1 or 2 provide rainfall.

post by Gatekeeper on Oct 31, 2021

Well, amazing you two keep changing your stories and now you’re agreeing that they do change your PWS.

post by rraisley on Oct 31, 2021

Rachio does not have to lock it; I’m thrilled to do so.

Closed on Oct 31, 2021