Watering twice a day - Schedules & Zones / Set Up & Edit Zones - Rachio Community

Watering twice a day

post by John2 on May 15, 2020

How do I set up a daily schedule for a zone that waters at 7am and 7 pm daily?

post by franz on May 15, 2020

The only way to currently do that is setup two schedules with two start times. The great thing about that is they will each be able to take advantage of our weather intelligence features at different times per/day.

post by John2 on May 15, 2020

Is there a way to schedule a interval watering of every 12 hours?

post by franz on May 15, 2020

Not currently. Hourly supports up to every 6 hours.

post by John2 on May 15, 2020

So, I live in the desert southwest–hot dry. I could water my hanging plants say 2 minutes every six hours?

post by franz on May 15, 2020

Yes, our hourly schedule allows for that.

post by Adrian_d on Mar 24, 2021

How do I have a planter water twice a day? I have a Rachio 3

post by Stewart on Mar 24, 2021

Set up two Fixed schedules that water just one zone, with all ‘smart’ features disabled. Choose times that don’t conflict with your regular schedules.

post by DanJeffrey on Sep 28, 2023

This is disappointing. The task of repeating a schedule multiple times per day is tedious at best. I switched to Rachio from a 25-year-old Toro controller. It let me tell the system to repeat a schedule at any time of day I wanted. I bought the Rachio assuming someone had spent time on usability of the software. When do you plan to do that?

post by Journeymnn on Dec 21, 2024

Reviving this old topic with a feature request. Currently the app only allows hourly intervals up to every 6 hours. Can you make this more flexible by either adding a custom field/picker or at least adding every 8 and 12 hour options? I realize I can get water 12 hours by having two fixed daily schedules, but it would be nice to have one schedule that I can use for twice daily watering. The other solution about creating a manual soak cycle of 12 hours is painful, as it would mean clicking the “+” button on “soak time” 720 times (60*12) to get to 12 hours, since each click only advances the soak time by 1 minute. That’s not going to happen…