Water usage is now zero for most zones - Accessories & Sensors / Wireless Flow - Rachio Community
Water usage is now zero for most zones
post by tygunn on Aug 15, 2018
Did something change with how the flow meter is calibrated?
I’m now seeing 0 water usage in all zones except one of my larger lawn spray zones? The front lawn always recorded ~180-200g of usage for a typical run, and now it shows 0. The other lower flow zones don’t seem to be working either.
post by dchau on Aug 15, 2018
That’s awesome that you got a flow meter installed!!!
I’ve looked at your account and it looks like you have great signal between your Flow Meter and R3 but your Flow Meter hasn’t been calibrated yet.
Once you’ve calibrated your Flow Meter, we will have a baseline to go off of and use that baseline to help get you your usages. Here’s a quick link that’ll help walk you through calibrating your Flow Meter and get you some data.
Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
post by spscoutenPhD on Aug 15, 2018
Calibration is the key to getting the flow meter to be your best friend.
Just follow the aforementioned instruction and you will be on your way to keeping better track of your system.
I keep my low flow settings to @15% so that I may detect clogging nozzles in hard water conditions. That allows me to resolve the problem before it causes a decline in the landscapes that I oversee.
post by tygunn on Aug 15, 2018
That’s very strange. I had calibrated when I installed it back in June when I received it. Is it typical for it to lose calibration? I have actual water usage for the month of July. It seems like the flow meter just stopped working properly in August.
I’ve tried recalibrating, but now many zones which were previous re-calibrated will no longer calibrate.
post by franz on Aug 15, 2018
@tygunn I’m going to have our customer success team reach out to you tomorrow and determine next steps.
post by spscoutenPhD on Aug 16, 2018
I had one unit do this to me earlier this month. I ended up deleting it, re-pairing and re-calibrating it.
The unit has not gone awry since.
post by tygunn on Aug 16, 2018
I’ll give a shot at re-pairing the flow meter tonight and see if that works, thanks.
post by emil on Aug 16, 2018
@tygunn, can you elaborate on this? Are you getting a failure screen in the app during re-calibration?
We had a similar issue with a user that was resolved by removing the PEX Stiffner from the fitting – curious if you removed it before installation?
post by tygunn on Aug 16, 2018
@emil, I’m seeing both an error that “no flow was detected”, and also occasionally I see the error:
"Oops! We couldn’t complete calibration. Make sure your flow sensor is connected. Then, calibrate again."
post by timber on Aug 20, 2018
@tygunn I’m hoping I can provide a last effort towards getting the Flow meter to work for you. This is going to require some troubleshooting, so I want to make sure your good to go through the process.
- Can we make sure that the device is showing “Connected” with a good signal strength?
- What is your current Pressurization time? Is it 3 minutes or more?
- Please go to an individual zone, Flow Settings and Calibrate. Let’s see if a single zone can calibrate consistently.
post by tygunn on Aug 20, 2018
- The flow meter shows as connected with “excellent” signal strength.
- Pressurization time was 3 minutes. I just tried 5 minutes.
- I tried calibrating one of my lawn zones. The first time it failed with the “Oops! We couldn’t complete calibration. Make sure your flow sensor is connected. Then, calibrate again.” message. The second time it said no flow was detected.
25 days later
post by trumpetr on Sep 15, 2018
You seem to be having the same problem I have been having… After it “Fails” calibration do you show a calibrated value with the current date and time in the zone settings. It’s reading the flow, but portions of the software doesn’t think that it is…