Water in hose timer battery compartment - Troubleshooting / Sprinklers & Irrigation - Rachio Community

Water in hose timer battery compartment

post by sgraff on Jun 26, 2023

I bought a new hose-end smart timer about two months ago. It went offline, and I noticed that the batteries were low. When removing the door to the battery compartment I found that it was flooded with water. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Also, how do I set the Rachio app to notify me when the batteries are running low? I looked in various places in the app but didn’t find anything.

post by Fymaxwell on Jun 26, 2024

Did you ever resolve this? I’m currently experiencing the same problem.

post by WaterMunkee on Oct 9, 2024

Same here. Twice. First time I thought maybe I could’ve incorrectly installed the battery door. Lots of corrosion inside after 45 days, quit working. After cleaning thoroughly, I installed battery door and ensured everything was snug. New batteries completely rusted/corroded within 45 days again, and again quit working. Obviously this design is not waterproof.

post by waterwisetexan on Mar 10

I have 5 units, and one keeps doing this. Seems like the seal on the battery compartment door needs improvement. Has anyone found a suitable replacement material?