V3 & WeatherFlow - Settings / Weather - Rachio Community

Home | Support | Status Page

Skip to main content

V3 & WeatherFlow

Settings Weather

You have selected 0 posts.

select all

cancel selecting

10.8k views 71 likes 50+ links 59 users

36](https://community.rachio.com/u/Gene "Gene")

8](https://community.rachio.com/u/mda "mda")

7](https://community.rachio.com/u/gizbug "gizbug")

5](https://community.rachio.com/u/Raymondo17 "Raymondo17")

4](https://community.rachio.com/u/Rrmajiros "Rrmajiros")

read 11 min

Top replies

Jul 2017

2 / 134

Jul 2017

Nov 2021

post by Bill.Maupin on Jul 15, 2017

Bill.Maupin

6

Jul 2017

I know about the new [WeatherFlow](( http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations) PWS because I noticed it mentioned here in a post. It appears to be the shit with unlimited integration. So I pre ordered one for my first PWS. It has native WU support, so I know I can use Carl’s approach to transferring the data to PWSWeather, to which Rachio has native support.

Has WeatherFlow been researched by your team? I’ve read about the openness that is coming in V3, could this new PWS be directly integrated to Rachio in V3? I’m pretty sure I read where you can make direct calls to the device as well as API calls to their server.

10.8k views 71 likes 50+ links 59 users

36](https://community.rachio.com/u/Gene "Gene")

8](https://community.rachio.com/u/mda "mda")

7](https://community.rachio.com/u/gizbug "gizbug")

5](https://community.rachio.com/u/Raymondo17 "Raymondo17")

4](https://community.rachio.com/u/Rrmajiros "Rrmajiros")

read 11 min

Top replies

post by mckynzee on Jul 18, 2017

mckynzee

Jul 2017

I have not looked too much into it yet, but this convinced me Will you keep us updated on your experience @Bill.Maupin?

post by Bill.Maupin on Jul 23, 2017

Bill.Maupin

Jul 2017

It’s not expected to ship until next month, but yea.

3 months later

post by brkaus on Nov 2, 2017

brkaus

Nov 2017

These are partially shipping. I received the hub and “air” unit (measures temp, humidity, lightning). Another few months for the rain gauge.

post by davelr on Nov 3, 2017

davelr

Nov 2017

I’ve had my WeatherFlow Air and hub unit running for a few weeks now. They work fine and it’s very easy to use Gene’s wufyi.com process to get the data moved to a PWS station. Looking forward to when they release the Sky units.

post by Bill.Maupin on Nov 4, 2017

Bill.Maupin

Nov 2017

Got mine too. Working flawlessly. Can’t wait to get the sky unit.

post by aristobrat on Nov 5, 2017

aristobrat

Nov 2017

Very curious to see how accurate the rain guage turns out to be.

post by mckynzee on Nov 8, 2017

mckynzee

Nov 2017

Thanks for the update guys!

9 months later

post by Jeramyn on Aug 18, 2018

Jeramyn

Aug 2018

I have weatherflow. Now that it is fully setup with sky the data seems great. Even has solar energy data. https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOARVAD221

I’d love to use this data for rachio optimization.

post by JimBo on Aug 20, 2018

JimBo

Aug 2018

Yes, please add direct integration! I have mine setup now as well:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCALAGUN1185

post by Gene on Aug 20, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2018

@Jeramyn done (link)

@JimBo done (link)

Cheers,

Gene

2 months later

post by Raymondo17 on Oct 17, 2018

Raymondo17

Oct 2018

@Gene, may I put myself on the list of folks hoping to take advantage of your genius?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCARANCH289

post by Gene on Oct 17, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2018

@Raymondo17 done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_KCARANCH289 in an hour or two.

Cheers,

Gene

post by Raymondo17 on Oct 17, 2018

Raymondo17

Oct 2018

Sweet! @Gene, thank you so much! Here I was looking at all kinds of options to get my data up on PWSweather, including setting up a Raspberry Pi and installing accompanying software, and you knock it out of the park for me. I am extremely grateful.

Now that the info is up on PWSweather.com, should I set up my own account on that website? If I did, is there a way to meld the page you created for me into my own account?

post by Gene on Oct 18, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2018

My pleasure, I’ve been in your situation and didn’t like the options

You are not the first to ask about using your own credentials, here is the latest discussion (link). Long story short… you can, but in my opinion, it’s just busywork at this point.

Cheers,

Gene

post by Raymondo17 on Oct 18, 2018

Raymondo17

Oct 2018

You totally rock, Gene.

-Ray

1 month later

post by mda on Nov 18, 2018

mda

Nov 2018

Hi @Gene could you possibly direct link my new weatherflow too?

or

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCALOSAN784

Thanks!

-Michael

post by Gene on Nov 18, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Nov 2018

@mda done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_KCALOSAN784 within a few hours. I’ve used WU for now since it is easier, but I’ve made a note of your weatherflow info as a backup source.

Cheers,

Gene

post by mda on Nov 18, 2018

mda

Nov 2018

Thanks @Gene !

1 month later

post by cteasley on Dec 26, 2018

cteasley

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Dec 2018

Hi Gene…Santa gave me a new Weather Flow and I would like to have it linked to my Rachio Gen2. Any way you can be so kind and link mine as well? Here is my link… https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNCCATAW11.

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide!

post by Gene on Dec 26, 2018

GeneRachio Power User

Dec 2018

done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_KNCCATAW11 within a few hours.

Cheers,

Gene

post by cteasley on Dec 26, 2018

cteasley

Dec 2018

Awesome! Thanks, Gene!

3 months later

post by efleming on Mar 14, 2019

efleming

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Mar 2019

Hi Gene,

Wondering if you could be so kind as to add mine as well?

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBUNDANO8 or https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/4602/grid

Thank you in advance

post by mda on Mar 14, 2019

mda

Mar 2019

Hi @Gene Will this still work with the changes coming to the WU api ? Thanks!

post by Gene on Mar 14, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

efleming](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Mar 2019

@efleming done (link), used WU, but made a note of your Weatherflow station ID in case we ever need it as a backup.

@mda for now WU support is working, though there is support for alternative data sources as much as possible (such as AcuRite, WeatherFlow, Ambientweather to name a few).

Cheers,

Gene

post by mda on Mar 15, 2019

mda

Mar 2019

Thanks @Gene my weatherflow is https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/5767/grid (I am running Rachio v1s)

post by Gene on Mar 15, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Mar 2019

@mda Can you please double check that your data is shared publicly, more info on this here (link).

Thanks,

Gene

post by mda on Mar 15, 2019

mda

Mar 2019

it is shared. does this link work? https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/5767

post by Gene on Mar 15, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Mar 2019

@mda Yep, data is now available via pwsweather here (link), you should see it within Rachio interface under PWS_WF5767 in a couple of hours.

Cheers,

Gene

1 month later

post by doug-h on Apr 26, 2019

doug-h

Apr 2019

Hi Gene. Getting ready for spring startup and would like to switch to my weatherflow station for Rachio v2 input. Could you please link my data to PWS?

Weatherflow:

or WU:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVARIVER2

Thanks,

Doug

post by Gene on Apr 26, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Apr 2019

@doug-h done (link), used WU for now but we can always switch over to weather-flow later on.

Gene

post by doug-h on Apr 26, 2019

doug-h

Apr 2019

All set. Thanks for the rapid reply and assistance!

post by franz on Apr 27, 2019

franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio

Apr 2019

@Gene

1 month later

post by Rrmajiros on Jun 1, 2019

Rrmajiros

Jun 2019

@Gene Could I trouble you for a link also?

Here is our WU url: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTNLEOMA5

Thank you!

post by Gene on Jun 1, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2019

I now prefer to use alternative sources, if possible, instead of weather underground (fewer problems this way)

Can you make sure your station shares data, and send me (link) your share url which starts with

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/…

If not, we can still use your weather underground station, just let me know your preference.

post by Rrmajiros on Jun 1, 2019

Rrmajiros

Jun 2019

Here it is @Gene :

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/6809

post by Rrmajiros on Jun 3, 2019

Rrmajiros

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Jun 2019

Did my weatherflow link work okay?

post by Gene on Jun 3, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2019

Yes, sorry I was having issues with the auto registration code for pwsweather. Working on it now.

Should be up and running in an hour or two, just verifying that everything works as it should.

post by Gene on Jun 3, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Rrmajiros](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Jun 2019

@Rrmajiros Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx84831, better late than never

post by Rrmajiros on Jun 4, 2019

Rrmajiros

Jun 2019

Thank you! Much appreciated!

post by Sharonbrown5 on Jun 6, 2019

Sharonbrown5

Jun 2019

can you add me to gene thank you i got rachio v2

post by Gene on Jun 6, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2019

@Sharonbrown5, can you please provide a share link from weatherflow, similar to the one shared by Rrmajiros earlier in the thread.

post by Gene on Jun 6, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2019

@Sharonbrown5, If you don’t have weather flow weather station, it’s ok. Does your station publish data anywhere online?

post by Sharonbrown5 on Jun 9, 2019

Sharonbrown5

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Jun 2019

trying to figure out how

post by Sharonbrown5 on Jun 9, 2019

Sharonbrown5

Jun 2019

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/7233

post by zjwise on Jun 12, 2019

zjwise

Jun 2019

@Gene Thank you for being such an amazing community user! Seems like you’ve helped a lot of folks and have been very gracious with your time and talents. Would you be willing to add me that list when it’s convenient and you have time? https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1618

post by Gene on Jun 12, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2019

@zjwise Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx47784. Glad to help

Gene

post by zjwise on Jun 17, 2019

zjwise

Jun 2019

Thank you so so much, Gene! I’m truly grateful!

25 days later

post by NCHighCountryWx on Jul 13, 2019

NCHighCountryWx

Jul 2019

Could you please set up my WeatherFlow Also on PWS Weather

WeatherFlow Smart Weather

7625

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/7625/grid

WU Integrated ID

KNCDEVE47

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCDENVE47

My PWS Station ID I created is

CovingtonRidge

Wxlist@wnharrell.com

Let me know if you need anything

Thank you

post by gizbug on Jul 13, 2019

gizbug

Jul 2019

@Gene

Any chance adding these 2 WeatherFlow stations to the list so I can use them with Rachio v3 and not a WU PWS? Thanks.

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/7981/grid

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/4464/grid

Thanks. Hopefully in the future these PWS will automatically populate in the Rachio v3 app so they don’t need to be manually added!

post by Gene on Jul 13, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Jul 2019

@gizbug, Are you looking for these stations to end up on a pwsweather network (useful for Gen 1 or 2 controllers) or weather underground network? (Useful for newer versions, such as Gen 2 from Costco and Gen 3 controllers).

@NCHighCountryWx, sent you a private message, need additional info to authenticate data upload to your pwsweather station.

Cheers,

Gene

post by gizbug on Jul 13, 2019

gizbug

Jul 2019

@Gene

I would like to be able to have to ability to select/use these weather stations on my Gen 3 controller

post by Gene on Jul 13, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

1

Jul 2019

I do not have a code setup to generate WU stations on demand, it is on my todo list, but incomplete. If you can register appropriate WU stations to host the data from the two stations you are interested in, I’ll be happy to setup the data transfer so that it should show up within Rachio interface. Alas Gen 3 controller can only use WU network, so adding them elsewhere would not make them available to your controller.

post by gizbug on Jul 13, 2019

gizbug

Jul 2019

Maybe in the future Gen 3 controller can use these weather stations then. Thanks.

2 months later

post by Kublait on Sep 19, 2019

Kublait

Sep 2019

Hi Gene. Can you please add my WeatherFlow station to PWS Weather? It’s https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/10507/grid

post by Gene on Sep 19, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Sep 2019

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx45855

1 month later

post by mda on Oct 28, 2019

mda

Oct 2019

Hi @Gene it looks like PWS_WF5767 is no longer showing the data from my WeatherFlow Tempest

Looking at the Today grid I see the temp, wind, gusts etc are all different than what my WF shows.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix it, or would you mind taking a quick look on your end please when you have a chance? Thanks!

post by Gene on Oct 28, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2019

I’ve checked that your data is coming from the right station, when looking at the WF dashboard, please keep in mind that not all of the data is available via their real-time API that I’m using.

Here is how the API presents the data:

\ breakdown.PNG2260×1165 515 KB](https://community.rachio.com/uploads/db1097/original/2X/3/359917779aecdaff3e505a59abc359a202f00a11.png "breakdown.PNG")

Here (link) is the copy of a real time data my code would be seeing. I’ll look if gust data can be improved, but I assure you the data pushed into WF5767 is from your station.

If anyone with technical mindset gets interested in analyzing differences between what WF is reporting via API and their homepage, I’m open for suggestions on how data reporting can be improved.

Thank you,

Gene

post by mda on Oct 28, 2019

mda

Oct 2019

Thanks. What I don’t understand is why the one you setup for me via WU at http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KCALOSAN784.html seems to have the right wind and gusts but this one does not.

Wind and Gusts from weatherflow last night: https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/5767/graph/23549/wind/1


10/27/2019 11:43 PM  12.5  18.2
10/27/2019 11:48 PM   7.0  12.9
10/27/2019 11:53 PM.  7.1  13.0
10/27/2019 11:58 PM  11.5  15.9

vs http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/archive/yest/WF5767.html that are way off

Hour Temp Dew Point Humidity Winds Wind Gusts Pressure Precip Precip Rate Daily Precip Total
11:43 PM 57.7°F 43.0°F 58% 2.5 mph NNE 3.6 mph 28.64 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:48 PM 57.9°F 42.8°F 57% 1.4 mph NNE 2.6 mph 28.64 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:53 PM 57.9°F 42.8°F 57% 1.4 mph NNE 2.6 mph 28.64 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:58 PM 58.3°F 39.2°F 49% 2.3 mph NNE 3.2 mph 28.63 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in

compare that to Wind and Gusts from weatherflow last night: https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/5767/graph/23549/wind/1


10/27/2019 11:41 PM   7.9 13.5
10/27/2019 11:45 PM. 11.4 18.3
10/27/2019 11:51 PM.  8.0 16.0
10/27/2019 11:55 PM   9.9 16.7

vs http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KCALOSAN784.html (WF -> WU -> pwsweather) that are pretty close

Hour Temp Dew Point Humidity Winds Wind Gusts Pressure Precip Precip Rate Daily Precip Total
11:41 PM 57.7°F 43.9°F 60% 7.8 mph N 13.4 mph 29.90 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:45 PM 57.7°F 42.1°F 56% 11.4 mph NE 18.3 mph 29.90 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:51 PM 57.9°F 42.3°F 56% 8.1 mph N 16.1 mph 29.90 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in
11:55 PM 57.9°F 42.3°F 56% 9.8 mph NE 16.8 mph 29.90 in 0.00 in 0.00 in 0.00 in

Seem odd?

Thanks!

post by Gene on Oct 28, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2019

your KCAL* pwsweather station gets it’s data from WU service, which in turn gets the data from WF directly. WF57* pwsweather station gets data from WF service, which reports more immediate gust data via API, rather then 5 minute time period that it reports to WU.

post by mda on Oct 28, 2019

mda

Oct 2019

Interesting that the path through WU better represents reality (I was home and the winds were quite strong ).

Is there anything we can do to get the best of both worlds… the higher refresh rate of the direct path plus the more accurate feeling representation of the wind speed and gusts the WU approach seems to provide? Thanks!

post by kjvoss on Oct 29, 2019

kjvoss

Oct 2019

Hi @Gene Looking to see if you would be willing to add my Weatherflow to PWS Weather. If so, here is the link and thank you in advance!!

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/10382/grid

post by Gene on Oct 29, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2019

@mda, I’ll see what can be done next time I’m messing around with WF code.

@kjvoss Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx65462

post by kjvoss on Oct 30, 2019

kjvoss

Oct 2019

@Gene Thanks for getting my weather station set up. Can you set up one more Weatherflow to PWS Weather? (helping my brother) https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/8587/grid

Thanks again.

post by Gene on Oct 31, 2019

GeneRachio Power User

Oct 2019

@kjvoss Done (link), his data will be available via PWS_Wx80321

3 months later

post by gomce62 on Jan 30, 2020

gomce62

Jan 2020

@Gene can you please add my Weatherflow to PWS Weather

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/14484/grid

I greatly appreciate you creating this service so we are not forced to upgrade our Rachio’s from Gen 2 to Gen 3 just to get access to our Weatherflow data.

Thanks,

Chris

post by Gene on Jan 30, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Jan 2020

@gomce62 my pleasure, Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx29671

Cheers,

Gene

post by Raymondo17 on Feb 2, 2020

Raymondo17

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Feb 2020

Hi Gene. Hey, PWSWeather no longer seems to be receiving my data while Weather Underground is. Can you please double-check to make sure whatever magnificent voodoo you do so well is still operational? I’d be much obliged. PWS_KCARANCH289

post by Gene on Feb 2, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Feb 2020

Thanks, looking into it.

post by Gene on Feb 3, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Feb 2020

Ok, issues with WU should be resolved. Data should resume updating as of now.

Thanks @Raymondo17 for bringing it to my attention.

Cheers,

Gene

post by Raymondo17 on Feb 3, 2020

Raymondo17

Feb 2020

Thank YOU, Gene. My station is back online with PWS. Very much obliged for your kind assistance.

post by gomce62 on Feb 6, 2020

gomce62

Feb 2020

@Gene my Weatherflow station you added has been showing up in PWS fine since last week but it still does not show-up in Rachio Weather Intelligence screens. Any idea how long it takes for new PWS stations you have added to show-up in Rachio Weather Intelligence?

Thanks,

Chris

post by Gene on Feb 7, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Feb 2020

Usually takes a couple of hours, have you tried looking for the station via the web app?

https://app.rach.io

post by gomce62 on Feb 9, 2020

gomce62

Feb 2020

Webapp worked thanks @Gene

2 months later

post by Mann on Mar 28, 2020

Mann

Mar 2020

Gene-

Could you add mine as well?

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/14241

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVAMIDLO142

Thank you!

Shane

post by Gene on Mar 28, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

1

Mar 2020

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx93160.

I’ve used your weatherflow data as a source, let me know if you run into any issues.

post by Mann on Mar 28, 2020

Mann

Mar 2020

Thanks Gene. I will keep an eye out for it.

Shane

1 month later

post by jkb on Apr 28, 2020

jkb

Apr 2020

This discussion seems to have become a signup list for Gene. I was hoping to find out how peoples Weatherflow stations are functioning, specifically the haptic rain sensor. I like that the “air” and “sky” sensors are 2 distinct units, so each can be positioned separately.

Any comments from Weatherflow owners?

post by Gene on Apr 29, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Apr 2020

Haven’t heard anything, support wise, about issues with weather flow stations (unlike netatmo…). Personally I’m still content with using the older 5 in 1 from acurite, as calibration on that unit is super ez (unlike their newer Atlas line).

WeatherFlow has not captured my imagination as the calibration is more of “blackmagic” rather than science:

Seems that many people who use backup methods of rain tracking, such as a physical rain gauge, find that calibration is needed, official response seems to be that calibration is done via a learning algorithm based on an undisclosed data source.

While the rain sensor is technically a solid state device, hepatic sensors are not infallible and sensitivity does degrade overtime, I’m also curious how they differentiate between the direct impact by the rain on the sensor body, vs indirect impact onto the mount.

Solid state rain sensor has a good chance of being a game changer, but, in my opinion, there is plenty of work to get there (first of which would be to develop a good calibration procedure, available to power users).

18 days later

post by ZoneOne on May 17, 2020

ZoneOne

May 2020

On Friday, I received the WeatherFlow Tempest unit I had ordered way back in early December. I never had an Air/Sky unit beforehand, but read about the false alerts surrounding the previous haptic sensor. So far, the Tempest has performed as expected and I haven’t experienced any false readings.

I came here to let folks know that once the Tempest is integrated into Weather Underground, a process that took roughly 30 minutes to complete, I was able to select my individual PWS via the Rachio app. The process was quick and easy. The end result is that our Rachio V3 is now using the real weather data provided by the Tempest on our property to make its calculations.

We love our Rachio!

post by gizbug on May 17, 2020

gizbug

May 2020

Thanks for the update.

Contemplating on purchasing (debating between Netatmo and Tempest). Will be my first PWS. How do you have your Tempest mounted if I may ask?

post by ZoneOne on May 17, 2020

ZoneOne

May 2020

It’s sitting atop a 10 foot long, one inch diameter galvanized pipe. I have it mounted with two brackets onto a concrete column on the second floor of our terrace. The Tempest unit sits 22 feet above ground level and is extremely sturdy. The installation is a bit overkill, but I wanted to mitigate any chance for vibrations. We also get a lot of thunderstorms and hurricanes here in South Florida, so I wanted to make sure we were prepared for whatever comes our way.

post by gizbug on May 17, 2020

gizbug

May 2020

Thanks. Would love to see a pic.

post by ZoneOne on May 17, 2020

ZoneOne

May 2020

No problem!

Here you go…

\ B059B882-9C2E-44F8-BD61-F29D8E1F4193.jpeg960×1280 483 KB](https://community.rachio.com/uploads/db1097/original/2X/5/59bb5dd509f989c34cf393930490d1fb0c5a6099.jpeg "B059B882-9C2E-44F8-BD61-F29D8E1F4193.jpeg")

\ 77220C89-E257-404C-9847-7DBE1A74DA69.jpeg995×1280 255 KB](https://community.rachio.com/uploads/db1097/original/2X/7/723a7061cb2b782a5b1b13b3d06ca37a68f59f66.jpeg "77220C89-E257-404C-9847-7DBE1A74DA69.jpeg")

post by mediocer on May 21, 2020

mediocer

1

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

May 2020

@Gene,

Could you please add mine as well?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMNOTSEG37

post by Gene on May 21, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

May 2020

I’ve messaged you for more info

post by rod1 on May 22, 2020

rod1

May 2020

Hi @Gene

May I request https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IKUMEU11 for my weatherflow station to be used for my Rachio please. https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/7049

Thank you.

post by function12 on May 22, 2020

function12

May 2020

Gene

Could you please send my station information to pwsweather too?

Thanks,

Eric

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXHOUST3080

post by jrapoport on May 24, 2020

jrapoport

May 2020

@Gene so sorry to be a pest, but if you can, would you please add my station information as well?

Still have a Gen2 rachio, so can’t use WU PWSs directly.

WU: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNJMULLI14

WF: https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/18959/grid

Thanks in advance!

post by ZoneOne on May 24, 2020

ZoneOne

May 2020

@jrapoport Just a heads-up that with your Tempest, you can use the shorter URL:

https://tempestwx.com/station/18959

…or…

https://tempestwx.com/station/18959/grid

post by Gene on May 24, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

May 2020

@ZoneOne seems the links are not limited to Tempest, older Air & Sky stations are showing up as well.

post by jrapoport on May 24, 2020

jrapoport

May 2020

Thanks! Just got my tempest so still figuring it all out. I guess it’s just a shorter url for the same data, not sure why the double sites on their side tho.

post by awseal on May 26, 2020

awseal

May 2020

Gene,

Could you please add my station information:

https://tempestwx.com/station/19490

https://tempestwx.com/station/19490/grid

Thank you!

post by bjrubenstein on May 30, 2020

bjrubenstein

May 2020

Hi Gene! Thank you for your help in this community!

Could you please add my station?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMANATIC49

https://tempestwx.com/station/19128/

Thanks!

post by UncagedPhoenix on Jun 5, 2020

UncagedPhoenix

Jun 2020

Could you please add my station to PWS?

https://tempestwx.com/station/20135/

Thanks so much!

post by csnodgrass on Jun 8, 2020

csnodgrass

Jun 2020

@Gene could you please add my Tempest?

https://tempestwx.com/station/20532/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNELINCO357

post by wxgso on Jun 9, 2020

wxgso

Jun 2020

@gene I know you’ve been bombarded by a lot of requests. I’d like my Tempest added to PWS to

https://tempestwx.com/station/20679/grid

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCSUMME47

Thanks a ton!

Cary

post by urwink on Jun 9, 2020

urwink

Jun 2020

@Gene Hi Gene, thank you for all that you do! Whenever you get a chance would you mind adding my station to PWSweather? Thank you!

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCWAXHA116

https://tempestwx.com/station/20570/

post by bearimus on Jun 9, 2020

bearimus

Jun 2020

How do I get Rachio to see my weather flow SKY station?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCASANJO1185

Thanks,

Eric

post by richardacampbell on Jun 10, 2020

richardacampbell

1

Jun 2020

@Gene , how in the world are you getting our stations added to the PWS list? Would love to know. I need to add three of them, the first one is below.

https://tempestwx.com/station/20061/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMIHOLLA136

post by emmelj on Jun 11, 2020

emmelj

Jun 2020

@Gene Thanks for doing this. Whenever you get a chance could you add mine to PWSweather?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXFLOWE242

https://tempestwx.com/station/20614

13 days later

post by broaddog on Jun 25, 2020

broaddog

Jun 2020

@Gene Thank you for your help in advance. Could you please add the following station too?

https://tempestwx.com/station/19914/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLDAYTO103

post by gizbug on Jun 25, 2020

gizbug

Jun 2020

Is @Gene still around doing this? I receive my Tempest in 2 weeks. If he isn’t actively adding anymore is there an easy way for us users to do it ?

post by Gene on Jun 25, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2020

I’m still here, I just started replying to people requesting stations via a PM, if you see me liking a post, it means that the station was added.

post by gizbug on Jun 25, 2020

gizbug

Jun 2020

Great! Thanks for the update and continuing to help out users!

post by DFW-Rain on Jun 25, 2020

DFW-Rain

Jun 2020

Gene, can you add my weather system to your list as well?

post by Sparty97 on Jun 26, 2020

Sparty97

Jun 2020

@Gene I was hoping that I could get my weather station added. It shows up on the map as a PWS but I cannot select it for my Rachio. It is a Weatherflow Tempest.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMIADATO19

or

https://tempestwx.com/station/22280/

Thanks,

Chris

post by Gene on Jun 26, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Jun 2020

Are you using a Gen 3 controller? Your weather underground station is still new, it will take up to two weeks for it to pass the QC process and show up as a choice to Rachio with WI+ support. I usually help people add their data to pwsweather, in order to use it with older Gen 1 and 2 controllers (among other things).

post by Sparty97 on Jun 29, 2020

Sparty97

Jun 2020

Hi Gene,

Yes, it is brand new and installed last week. That is fine if it will take a bit to show up.

I actually do have a Gen 2 16x zone controller (for some reason I thought I was Gen 3… sorry).

Chris

16 days later

post by cgritt on Jul 15, 2020

cgritt

Jul 2020

Hi Gene-

I’d love it if you could add my station to PWS

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMNLAKEV113

https://tempestwx.com/station/21542

Thanks!

Chris

post by RAG on Jul 17, 2020

RAG

Jul 2020

Can you add my Tempest so I can access it via Rachio: https://tempestwx.com/station/23906/

post by FivePoints on Jul 18, 2020

FivePoints

Jul 2020

@Gene Greetings,

May I jump on this train, please. Rachio Gen 2 and want to get my Tempest linked to PWS

https://tempestwx.com/station/21595

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KPAWATER23

Thanks, Dave

post by Trevt64 on Jul 18, 2020

Trevt64

Jul 2020

@Gene can you please add my tempest so I can access via Rachio?

https://tempestwx.com/station/23376

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNEOMAHA657

Thanks!

post by arporg on Jul 20, 2020

arporg

Jul 2020

@Gene Can you please add to my Tempest so I can use with Rachio?

https://tempestwx.com/station/24322/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KILNAPER115

Thank You!

post by kram on Jul 21, 2020

kram

Jul 2020

@Gene Can you please add my Tempest so I can use with Rachio?

https://tempestwx.com/station/24426/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMNPRIOR68

Thanks!

post by woodlandamc1 on Jul 21, 2020

woodlandamc1

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Jul 2020

@Gene Can you add mine also I have Rachio Gen 2 and want to get my Tempest linked to PWS

https://tempestwx.com/station/18705

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KILLOMBA40

13 days later

post by automationgeek on Aug 4, 2020

automationgeek

Aug 2020

@Gene Can you please add my Tempest so I can use with Rachio?

https://tempestwx.com/station/25272/

or

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IGATIN25

Thanks

10 days later

post by NickT on Aug 15, 2020

NickT

Aug 2020

@Gene As with everyone else, can you please add my weather station to whatever secret list gets the data to a Rachio V2 controller:

https://tempestwx.com/station/26503/

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAENCIN729

Thanks in advance!

post by Jeffwx on Aug 19, 2020

Jeffwx

Aug 2020

Hi Gene. After 2 full days of banging my head against the wall I found this and you! Would you please add me as well? Thank you.

https://tempestwx.com/station/20980

post by zelenatrava on Aug 21, 2020

zelenatrava

1

Aug 2020

@Gene

Could you please add mine too !

Rachio Gen 2 and want to get my Tempest linked to PWS

https://tempestwx.com/station/25395/

post by staillie on Aug 28, 2020

staillie

Aug 2020

@Gene

Please and thank you!

https://tempestwx.com/station/23199/grid

post by SeaMonster on Aug 28, 2020

SeaMonster

1

Aug 2020

@Gene

Would you please add me too. Thanks!

https://tempestwx.com/station/27177/

I have a Gen 1 controller so I’d like this on the PWSweather site.

post by BigFoot on Aug 30, 2020

BigFoot

Aug 2020

@Gene

Very happy I can use the weatherflow data. Please add me and thanks in advance.

Rachio Gen 3

https://tempestwx.com/station/23453/grid

post by Gene on Aug 30, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Aug 2020

@BigFoot I’ll be happy to relay your data to pwsweather and/or CWOP networks, but this will not help you to use said data with Gen 3 Rachio controller (which uses WU network). Weatherflow has native WU support, which means you don’t need my help to use your data with Rachio. That being said new WU stations take about a week to show up as a choice on a Rachio map, so if you just created a WU station, and it’s getting updates, you will need to be patient for the station to pass the QC process.

Here (link) are instructions on how to get your data to WU network. If you still want your data on other networks, such as pwsweather, I’ll be happy to help. Pwsweather is mainly useful to people with older Gen 1 & 2 controllers, which do not use WU network.

12 days later

post by bschweik on Sep 12, 2020

bschweik

Sep 2020

@Gene You are the man. Can you add mine to PWSweather?? Thank you!!

https://tempestwx.com/station/28063

post by Mann on Sep 12, 2020

Mann

Gene](https://community.rachio.com/t/v3-weatherflow/9249/1 "Load parent post")

Sep 2020

Gene-

Had a Hub failure and had to recreate my station.

https://tempestwx.com/station/28127 is the new station.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVAMIDLO142 still appears to work once I linked the new station to it.

Can you link PWS_Wx93160 to the new data?

Much appreciation.

Shane

post by SpaceKyd on Sep 15, 2020

SpaceKyd

Sep 2020

I was sent over here by the weatherflow community. Could you please add my station? I’d be so grateful!!!

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCARAMON202

post by rganders315 on Sep 21, 2020

rganders315

Sep 2020

I found this in an exhaustive search… @Gene… can you still help, and add my weather station?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXLITTL115

Thanks in advance!!!

post by Gene on Sep 21, 2020

GeneRachio Power User

Sep 2020

For those with weatherflow stations, as is often the case in this particular thread, please share the weatherflow station ID, rather then your WU station ID. I prefer to avoid WU when possible and can use weather flow data directly. Not a big deal, but helps me to avoid the step of cross-referencing your WU position with possible weatherflow stations.

Otherwise keep doing what you are doing. If you prefer you can always Private message me (link) the info in lieu of a public post.

1 year later

post by scottm29 on Nov 1, 2021

scottm29

1

Nov 2021

Hi Gene -

May I request my WeatherFlow Tempest station

https://tempestwx.con/station/XXXXX (as I understand as your preferred address type)

be added for use with my Rachio 3 please.

I see it in the weather underground website, but it says “offline” even though it is set to Shared in the Tempest app.

Hoping you are the missing, enabling link in this process.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

post by Gene on Nov 2, 2021

GeneRachio Power User

Nov 2021

I definitely can help with weatherflow to WU integration, but their native data upload should work better (updates every minute, vs every 5 minutes from me). If you don’t care about more frequent updates (they don’t make a difference for IoT devices, such as Rachio) and would rather not spend more time debugging the official integration, PM me (link) your WU station ID and key and I’ll take care of the rest.

post by scottm29 on Nov 2, 2021

scottm29

Nov 2021

Thank you. But I must be missing a major step: how to get my Rachio 3 to recognize my WeatherFlow Tempest data?

As it is now, my Rachio sees a different station .25 miles away - not my own.

What’s the best way to make the connection?

post by Gene on Nov 2, 2021

GeneRachio Power User

Nov 2021

You need to troubleshoot / get your data to weather underground. Rachio gets it’s data from there.

post by scottm29 on Nov 2, 2021

scottm29

Nov 2021

Found the steps here

Doing it on the phone made it more elusive.

Thanks again.

Scott

Reply

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Inconsistent saturation skip
Weather
0 94 Dec 2025
Seasonal Shift DOUBLED my watering times
Weather
0 71 May 5
Gallons Saved per Skip
Weather
2 78 Sep 2025
Best Ambient Weather Network | How It Works and Why You Should Use It
Weather
2 260 Dec 2025
Weather skip still runs
Weather
2 87 May 31

Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.

Want to read more? Browse other topics in Weather or view latest topics.

Powered by Discourse

Invalid date

Invalid date

Loading complete