Using 4-zone Rachio 3 for pots - Lawn Nerds - Rachio Community
Using 4-zone Rachio 3 for pots
post by tlight on Jun 15
I am a big Rachio fan and have had a 16 zone system at my house for years. I also have a 4-zone Rachio that I took out of a house I’m renting. I would like to see if I can construct a system, using the 4-zone Rachio, to water my wife’s pots on our rear patio. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or are you an installer and have any recommendations for the best way to wire and install this?
Also, the pots are under a covered patio so they receive no rain. Since there is no mode for covered pots, I assume I will just set up a manual schedule and disable the weather mode. Would be nice to at least have watering times adjusted for temperature/transpiration… Anyone with experience with this?
Thanks in advance folks!
50 views
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Rachio 3, only red blinking on light 1 | 0 | 69 | Aug 2025 |
| Backyard Remodel | 4 | 112 | Aug 2025 |
| Rachio not stopping zones | 6 | 130 | Sep 2025 |
| Changing existing schedule | 0 | 72 | Sep 2025 |
| Rainbird Merger and future of Rachio API? | 3 | 315 | Oct 2025 |