Two Controllers, Two Flow Meters on one backflow - Getting Started / Wireless Flow Meter - Rachio Community

Two Controllers, Two Flow Meters on one backflow

post by GBaldwin on Jul 8, 2019

I have a large system with 25 zones across two Rachio system 3 controllers. Last year I set the system up with a wireless flow meter set up serially and linked to each controller. It worked really well last year, but this year I have had a lot of crazy outcomes, mostly sensors becoming disconnected and one flow meter that stopped sensing any flow, despite the system working right. I am replacing that flow meter, but I am wondering if this set up is doomed to periodic failure as it is not supported and if I should consider a getting hard wired flow meter sensors installed. The landscape is very valuable and not knowing a zone stopped working would be costly in terms of lost trees and plantings.

532 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Any way to clear yellow hi/low flow banners?
Wireless Flow Meter
3 41 1d
API: Base stations coming up empty
API
0 75 Aug 2025
High current draw per Valve monitoring -Need help
Troubleshooting
4 152 Sep 2025
Backyard Remodel
Drip
4 112 Aug 2025
Hung controller on a specific zone? In-line fuse ever tried?
Troubleshooting
0 26 May 14