Trying to understand the schedules for set up - Schedules & Zones / Create & Edit Schedules - Rachio Community
Trying to understand the schedules for set up
post by TysonTDW on Apr 24, 2024
I have been running the Fixed schedule, as that seemed to be the best for selecting 2 days a week to water as per city restrictions. I let it select the default watering times as per my set-up (shade/sun/nozzle type/etc.). It’s tuning for 6 hours each scheduled day, which seems excessive, and my water bill has been high. I am in Central Texas with Bermuda, some sections in the sun, some in the shade, a mix of rotary and drip zones. 12 zones total.
I am looking to change to Flex Daily or Monthly as, per the app, those schedules should lean more towards “Savings.”; However, when I set those schedules up, it says my watering time now doubles, and I have to select at least 4 days a week to water. That seems the opposite of “Savings”. I wish the app was more descriptive of how this all works.
What is the logic here?
Thanks
159 views
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| IOS App - Bad? | 7 | 94 | 28d |
| Having Trouble with Valve Events | 0 | 49 | Jan 24 |
| No zones are working! | 6 | 54 | May 4 |
| Hose timer will not shut off | 1 | 83 | Aug 2025 |
| Programing issues Scheduling differs from what is programmed | 5 | 82 | Jun 1 |