The sprinkle doesn't Stop - Getting Started / International Users - Rachio Community
The sprinkle doesn’t Stop
post by joseprus on Mar 25, 2020
Hello!
I’m from Spain and I’ve just configured today my Rachio 3.
All is ok except the sprinkle doesn’t stop. If I do a manually I can not stop it with the pause or stop option. I’ve tried to do a schedule of 1 zone and it starts but doesn’t stope. HAve somebody has the same problem? Thanks!
post by DLane on Mar 25, 2020
@joseprus - post a picture of the label of the power supply being used. This is a symptom of a DC power supply. Rachio needs an AC power supply (1 Amp or 1,000 milliamp capacity). There are other posts that mention this exact problem and the solution is an 24 V AC power supply.
post by joseprus on Mar 26, 2020
Hello!
Thanks for your Help.
I attach a picture of the one I’m using .
Isn’t it ok to run with Rachio?
post by Stewart on Mar 26, 2020
That one has a DC output and not suitable. You need a transformer with 24 VAC out, capable of supplying at least one ampere.
post by joseprus on Mar 26, 2020
Thanks again for your Help.
I have an old transformer of my Hunter machine. The one you can see at the Picture 1. Do you think is it ok to use with my Rachio? If it is not ok, do you know or recommend a web site where tu buy it in Europe?
If the old one is valid to use, can I connect directly to the Rachio in the 24 VAC hole showed in the picture 2? As you can see my wire doesn’t have the 5.5 mm connector (picure 3) and I can only connect putting inside the VAC hole. THANKS!
post by DLane on Mar 26, 2020
@joseprus - the Hunter power supply will work! Just cut the plug off the Rachio or other power supply and connect the two wires from the Hunter to the plug. It doesn’t matter which wires are connected to which one on the plug.
post by Gene on Mar 26, 2020
@DLane is right. To hist advice I will add that you should NOT try using 24v terminals such as those you’ve shown on the last picture. They are not rated for the full system load and as such cannot be used for power input.
post by joseprus on Mar 27, 2020
@DLaneand @Gene, thanks for your help!
Unfortunatelly the Hunter power supply doesn’t work :(. I’ve connected each wire to each 24 VAC hole in the Rachio but nothing happens. Ai it doesn’t arrive power. Do you know where can I buy one AC power supply that could works? some ecommerce / webpage / Amazon that can send me to Spain. I don’t know where to find - Thanks!
post by tmcgahey on Mar 27, 2020
Read @Gene comment. DO NOT plug the strands from the Hunter adapter into the 24VAC terminals. You will need to cut the plug end off of the adapter that came with your Rachio and splice it into the Hunter unit.
post by mamphoto on Mar 28, 2020
Hola Jose,
I had the same problem here in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The system will start but not stop. I was able to stop it by manually turning the relief valve with a screwdriver.
After much troubleshooting, found the problem was solved by changing the diaphragm in one of the valves that was not stopping. A very inexpensive and easy way to troubleshoot and isolate part of the process.
Just adding a few ideas to the troubleshooting process. Hope it helps,
Miguel Angel
post by Gene on Apr 2, 2020
I see no good reason why controller would power-up with the DC supply from picture 1, but not the AC supply from picture 2. From the look of things, voltages and the plug sizes on the second supply match what is needed.
It is interesting that AC supply claims to have a universal input range (110 / 220), I have not noticed it when first looking at amazon.
post by joseprus on Apr 3, 2020
Hello @Gene,
I’ve made the test you recommended me.
In the first picture with the power supply you recommended me that doesn’t work the V are 1 V.
The second picture with the one I bought at the beginning and power arrives but doesn’t stop, it gives 24 V.
What do you think I can do more?
post by Gene on Apr 3, 2020
Can you try wiggling the jack with AC supply connected to Rachio and multi meter connected to see if it can make a connection?
From the looks of it, the plug seems to be just a little too big to make a reliable connection.
post by joseprus on Apr 3, 2020
Hi. I understand that you are referring to the AC supply connector which does not light up the blue light, right? I have moved the connector by hand, trying to tighten it more and the result is the same.
post by Gene on Apr 3, 2020
Your MOV is blown. You can try reaching out to Rachio support to see if you can the controller replaced, but if you don’t use all of your 16 zones, you could use one of the MOVs from an unused zone to repair your controller.
post by joseprus on Apr 3, 2020
Thanks @Gene
Rachio don’t want to change my Device because I live in Spain and they say they don’t give support outside USA. So I have to buy another one or try to repair this.