Testing Inactive Flow Check feature - Getting Started / Wireless Flow Meter - Rachio Community

Testing Inactive Flow Check feature

post by jtbinvalrico on Oct 8, 2019

I’m trying to validate my procedure for testing the Inactive Flow Check feature. My flow meter works, calibrates zones, has warned me of flow variations and appears to operate normally.

With the Inactive Flow Check feature established, I wanted to test if it would work when the system was otherwise idle…when no zones have run that day. I wanted to see if it would alert me to a burst pipe. I opened up the end of a drip line and manually activated the valve, with no input to the Rachio program. I expected it to send an alert but it didn’t.

I have the Inactive Flow Check activated in the app. The pressure and settling times are at 5 minutes. I let it run, simulating a wide open leak, for over 5 minutes and got no alert. I tried the same thing, reducing the pressure and settling times to 1 minute…no difference. I have the latest app update.

Is my expectation of this feature realistic? Is my testing method valid?

612 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Any way to clear yellow hi/low flow banners?
Wireless Flow Meter
3 41 1d
Using Rachio for raised garden beds
Wiring
1 60 Apr 17
How to unlabel “Zone Fault” when using add-a-zones
Hacks & Magic
0 23 Apr 29
Verizon Fios Wi-Fi Extender
Wi-Fi
2 193 Dec 2025
Flex Schedule control via Home Assistant
Flex Daily
0 42 11d

Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.