Tempest and wired rain sensor? - Accessories & Sensors - Rachio Community
Tempest and wired rain sensor?
post by DreadPirate on Apr 25
We have a Tempest already, so I got the integration code to use with our new Rachio 3. However, our old Rainbird system had a wired rain sensor. If I hook that up as well, will it serve as a backup to the Tempest, or just end up causing confusion?
It’s already connected since I was in there connecting everything else but I just won’t enable it in the app if it’s going to cause problems.
post by DLane on Apr 26
@DreadPirate - backup. AKA belts and suspenders. If the Tempest doesn’t forecast rain and it is raining, the wired rain sensor will stop the run.
Welcome to the community.
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Rachio 3 - No response to new wired Rain-Clik | 0 | 18 | 3d |
| Davis Air Link | 1 | 99 | Aug 2025 |
| Utilize Rachio for water features’ autofill valves? | 1 | 92 | Jul 2025 |
| Rainbird to Rachio 3 wiring help | 8 | 167 | Jan 3 |
| User Skip | 0 | 48 | Dec 2025 |