Suggestion: Yard Map for PC - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

Suggestion: Yard Map for PC

post by Treyzaphod on Apr 19, 2019

My app for Android phone allows you to map your zones and sprinkler heads however, it is not available when using a PC. Why not make it available for both? It would be much easier to map the zones on a large PC monitor using a mouse vs. 6 inch phone screen and my finger.

post by ltek on May 19, 2019

I just bought the Rachio to use this feature and very sad to see it doesnt work well at all on Android. Doesnt zoom in enough, often doesnt put heads or area points where we need/want, etc. From what I can tell it barely works.

post by jlj.pers on May 20, 2019

+1 on this request

post by cthallen on May 22, 2019

I will say that it is a little fiddly on a small screen such as a phone (iPhone X). Viewing on a phone is no problem, but making changes takes… patience.

post by ltek on Jul 3, 2019

5-6" phone screens simply do not work because Rachio doesn’t allow us to zoom in enough. Placing sprinklers on the screen simply doesnt work half of the time and outlining zones is completely impossible for small areas like gardens, tree strips near the street, etc. There are many problems with the current UI for mapping, I gave up and hope they make it usable. Seems like they didnt test this much or at all on a phone. They probably did it on a 24" screen using an emulator so, no problem there!

post by jattardi on Jul 11, 2019

Where is this option in the iPhone app? I don’t see any mapping option.

post by talz13 on Jul 11, 2019

To begin with, I think it’s only available for users of the 12-zone costco version of the rachio 3. I have a regular 16 zone straight from rachio store and don’t have access to the yard map either, so I can’t be of any more help!

post by jattardi on Jul 11, 2019

Darn! That sounds like a great feature. I only have the 8 zone controller, so maybe I’ll never get it. We’ll see.

post by talz13 on Jul 11, 2019

And I really should have gotten the 12 zone costco one, as I have 12 zones!, but I didn’t know it existed until after I already got the larger one from the rachio store…

post by karl.shuffler on Mar 14, 2020

Are there any updates regarding the ability to map my yard with my computer rather than phone app? It would be so much easier to map my yard / zones via my computer than my cell phone. Thanks!

post by SalisburySam on Apr 9, 2020

+1 for these two suggestions: yard mapping, and to do so on a Windows or MacOS machine, not just an iOS/Android device.

post by sekmet on Apr 10, 2020

+1 for this request as well. I am glad to see that this feature is available outside of the Costco 12 zone Rachio 3.

To find it on iPhone, Go to More / Yard Map.

post by CurvedSpaceTime on Apr 23, 2020

My 16 zone from Amazon has it.

I mapped using a tablet.

Works great.

Took an hour or so to map all of my zones and sprinkler heads. Tip, use your galaxy S Pen, much more accurate. Just keep in mind, they designed software to work with fingers. So, tap screen with pen, wait for marker to realign, then move it into place. After you figure this out, it’s easy and accurate. There is no undo, so if you screw up the zone, you have to clear the whole thing.

post by TTLucian on Apr 25, 2020

This is definitely required. A “must have”! It’s impossible to use yard map on a phone.

post by jrbanach on May 3, 2020

I have a gen 3 i bought last year (non costco version). However I don’t see it on the map on my iphone. Is there something I need to do. Looks like my firmware is up to date.

post by sekmet on May 5, 2020

Hmmm. On your iPhone, if you open the app, tap on More on the bottom right hand corner. Then you should see the option called Yard Map.

If not, I would suggest you reach out to Rachio to see what’s up.

post by rudir on May 12, 2020

I am also a +1 on this request. I would like to be able to modify the yard map from the web app on a pc,

I just purchased the rachio 3 and was looking forward to using the yard map.

When I bring it up on my pixel 2 xl the google maps view is way too small to be able to draw the yard markers or move any of the markers or place the sprinklers.

Even if we could zoom in further a cell phone is not a good user interface to draw maps (specially complex ones) and pinpoint stuff on the map.

Can this be implemented in the web app on the pc please ?

Or better yet can rachio provide an api to modify the yard map and I can develop some code to do this for the user community.

Thanks!!

post by proedgebiker on Jun 17, 2020

+1, its a pain to add using an iPad.

post by jestric on Jun 17, 2020

Are you saying that you have the ability to map on your yard on your PC or that you just now are able to map your yard on your iPad?