Suggestion: Yard Map for PC - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

You have selected 0 posts.

post by talz13 on Jul 11, 2019

talz13

And I really should have gotten the 12 zone costco one, as I have 12 zones!, but I didn’t know it existed until after I already got the larger one from the rachio store…

post by karl.shuffler on Mar 14, 2020

Are there any updates regarding the ability to map my yard with my computer rather than phone app? It would be so much easier to map my yard / zones via my computer than my cell phone. Thanks!

post by SalisburySam on Apr 9, 2020

+1 for these two suggestions: yard mapping, and to do so on a Windows or MacOS machine, not just an iOS/Android device.

post by sekmet on Apr 10, 2020

+1 for this request as well. I am glad to see that this feature is available outside of the Costco 12 zone Rachio 3.

To find it on iPhone, Go to More / Yard Map.

post by CurvedSpaceTime on Apr 23, 2020

My 16 zone from Amazon has it.

I mapped using a tablet.

Works great.

Took an hour or so to map all of my zones and sprinkler heads. Tip, use your galaxy S Pen, much more accurate. Just keep in mind, they designed software to work with fingers. So, tap screen with pen, wait for marker to realign, then move it into place. After you figure this out, it’s easy and accurate. There is no undo, so if you screw up the zone, you have to clear the whole thing.

post by TTLucian on Apr 25, 2020

This is definitely required. A “must have”! It’s imposible to use yard map on a phone.

post by jrbanach on May 3, 2020

I have a gen 3 i bought last year (non costco version). However I don’t see it on the map on my iphone. Is there something i need to do. Looks like my firmware is up to date.

post by sekmet on May 5, 2020

Hmmm. On your iPhone, if you open the app, tap on More on the bottom right hand corner. Then you should see the option called Yard Map. See Screenshots that I attached.

If not, I would suggest you reach out to Rachio to see what’s up.

Just make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your iPhone.

post by rudir on May 12, 2020

I am also a +1 on this request. I would like to be able to modify the yard map from the web app on a pc.
When I bring it up on my pixel 2 xl the google maps view is way too small to be able to draw the yard markers or move any of the markers or place the sprinklers.

post by proedgebiker on Jun 17, 2020

+1, its a pain to add using an iPad.

post by jestric on Jun 17, 2020

Are you saying that you have the ability to map on your yard on your PC or that you just now are able to map your yard on your iPad?

post by Stewart on Jun 17, 2020

I’m all for doing everything on a computer; please add the missing website features.

post by thomas_lerman on Jun 18, 2020

I believe it also sets the square feet for the zone in the zone’s advanced properties, which is then used to calculate gallons of water used (or saved).

post by romaxa on May 22, 2022

+1 on this request, also on iPhone it is not possible to set draw zone points on already overlapped area. Please add PC/Web option for this with…

post by kernelpanic on Jun 9, 2022

+1 for all of these great suggestions. We need an easier way to edit the map without clearing all the existing data.

post by Bill7727 on Sep 16, 2022

The satellite images seem really old. We’ve done a lot of work on our property and doesn’t match The satellite image. Rachio, anyway, to update the satellite images?

post by Athena on Sep 17, 2022

I have both a survey map and drone photos of my yard that I would like to use to map my sprinklers.