Suggestion: Yard Map for PC - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community

Suggestion: Yard Map for PC

post by Treyzaphod on Apr 19, 2019

My app for Android phone allows you to map your zones and sprinkler heads however, it is not available when using a PC. Why not make it available for both? It would be much easier to map the zones on a large PC monitor using a mouse vs. 6 inch phone screen and my finger.

post by ltek on May 19, 2019

I just bought the Rachio to use this feature and very sad to see it doesn't work well at all on Android. Doesn't zoom in enough, often doesn't put heads or area points where we need/want, etc. From what I can tell it barely works.

post by jlj.pers on May 20, 2019

+1 on this request

post by cthallen on May 22, 2019

I will say that it is a little fiddly on a small screen such as a phone (iPhone X). Viewing on a phone is no problem, but making changes takes… patience.

post by ltek on Jul 3, 2019

5-6" phone screens simply do not work because Rachio doesn’t allow us to zoom in enough. Placing sprinklers on the screen simply doesn’t work half of the time and outlining zones is completely impossible for small areas like gardens, tree strips near the street, etc. There are many problems with the current UI for mapping, I gave up and hope they make it usable. Seems like they didn’t test this much or at all on a phone. They probably did it on a 24" screen using an emulator so, no problem there!

post by jattardi on Jul 11, 2019

Where is this option in the iPhone app? I don’t see any mapping option.

post by talz13 on Jul 11, 2019

To begin with, I think it’s only available for users of the 12-zone Costco version of the Rachio 3. I have a regular 16 zone straight from Rachio store and don’t have access to the yard map either, so I can’t be of any more help.

post by karl.shuffler on Mar 14, 2020

Are there any updates regarding the ability to map my yard with my computer rather than phone app? It would be so much easier to map my yard / zones via my computer than my cell phone. Thanks!

post by SalisburySam on Apr 9, 2020

+1 for these two suggestions: yard mapping, and to do so on a Windows or MacOS machine, not just an iOS/Android device.

post by sekmet on Apr 10, 2020

+1 for this request as well. I am glad to see that this feature is available outside of the Costco 12 zone Rachio 3.

post by CurvedSpaceTime on Apr 23, 2020

My 16 zone from Amazon has it. I mapped using a tablet. Works great. Took an hour or so to map all of my zones and sprinkler heads. Tip, use your galaxy S Pen, much more accurate. Just keep in mind, they designed software to work with fingers.

post by TTLucian on Apr 25, 2020

This is definitely required. A “must have”! It’s impossible to use yard map on a phone.

post by rudir on May 12, 2020

I am also a +1 on this request. I would like to be able to modify the yard map from the web app on a PC, for more accurate mapping.

post by proedgebiker on Jun 17, 2020

+1, its a pain to add using an iPad

post by SteveHall on Oct 26, 2020

I had the same issue and found a good solution: I loaded the free BlueStacks Android emulator on my PC and then installed the Rachio app on there. I can now edit my yard map using the full size of my PC’s display. I definitely recommend this!

post by Thomas_Lerman on May 7, 2021

Diagram only

Summary of Discussions

Several users have expressed the need for a yard mapping feature that is accessible via PC, citing difficulties with using mobile devices for accurate mapping. Many users agree that this addition would enhance their experience significantly and provide more precise control over their irrigation system layouts.