SmartThings - Does not work for all Region Groups - Smart Home & API / Smart Home - Rachio Community
SmartThings - Does not work for all Region Groups
post by jmone on May 14, 2020
I’ve been on the SmartThings forum trying to workout why when I try to add the Rachio Smart App I get an error "Couldn’t add device (Network or Server Error Occurred)"
The suggestion was to contact Rachio as they suspect that the App you have published “indicates Rachio didn’t build their integration for all 3 regional groups.” Being in Australia, the region group I am using is https://graph-ap02-apnortheast2.api.smartthings.com/ . Can you please check if you are building the app as follows?
## OAuth2 client
You must generate an OAuth2 application from your cloud that supports the following SmartThings redirect URIs:
* https://c2c-us.smartthings.com/oauth/callback (United States)
* https://c2c-eu.smartthings.com/oauth/callback (European Union)
* https://c2c-ap.smartthings.com/oauth/callback (Asia-Pacific)
Thanks
Nathan
post by sergiu on May 29, 2020
I am using Rachio 3e in Region Europe (Eastern Europe) and I have tried to integrate with SmartThings. I have the latest apps from ST. When trying to connect Rachio to ST I can’t go through the end of the installation process (the device is not being installed.!) .
Any help to solve this issue is highly appreciated.
post by benpaige on May 29, 2020
Thanks to both of you for bringing this to our attention. I will take a look at the integration to see if can be adjusted it to support all three regional groups.
post by Jcsalcines on Jan 8, 2021
Hello. I’ve the same issue here in Spain. I can’t link and add Rachio device to the SMT app. Any update about this please?
post by klebel on Apr 7, 2021
Is the Smartthings integration working now? I was just about to order a new Rachio 3 but just stumbled on this issue. If it isn’t fixed and working, I will probably pass. Anyone have updates on it? Thanks!
post by tmcgahey on Apr 7, 2021
Mine connects and seems to work, I just don’t see the point or benefit. I played with it in the past to make sprinklers turn on with motion, but otherwise the Rachio app is so powerful, I see no need for the ST integration and I removed it.