Smart hose timer internal flooding - Troubleshooting / Tech Support - Rachio Community
Load more posts above
Post by franz on Oct 13, 2025
@franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio
@tkbrigham
@tkbrigham I am having our customer success team reach out to you.
Thank you for your patience!
Post by JBrachio on Nov 6, 2025
@JBrachio
I have experienced the same flooding issue with my unit
Post by franz on Nov 6, 2025
@franz Co-Founder/CTO @ Rachio
@JBrachio I will have our CS team reach out to you.
Thank you for your patience.
Post by uncgal10 on Nov 11, 2025
@uncgal10
Has anyone found a modification to make to prevent the internal flooding? Also does anyone have a picture/video of the internal flooding in action? I have replaced two timers due to this and want to install the third with some preventive measures.
Post by jlpatinop78 on Dec 28, 2025
@jlpatinop78
Merry Christmas @franz I love this product but I am experiencing the same exact challenge, even with the battery door is properly closed and secured.
It appears that the battery door seal weakens over time, allowing water intrusion during normal outdoor exposure (rain or irrigation).
Post by dmegee on Dec 28, 2025
@dmegee
I have the same problem. I frequently clean the rust and reset. Usually works. It’s a real problem when I am out of town for a while.
Post by franz on Jan 5, 2026
@franz
@jlpatinop78
Just getting to these…
Do you still need assistance with this?
Post by rachio on Feb 7, 2026
@rachio
I’m having the same problem, which I fear has contributed to a follow-on issue.
[...]
I noticed a rust color outside the battery compartment, so I opened the unit and discovered a lot of rust, heavily corroded batteries, and the foam inside the cover was soggy wet.
Post by Jbraz on Feb 19, 2026
@Jbraz
I’m having the same issue. It just keeps dripping out of the battery compartment.
Post by AngieTheGardener on Mar 16, 2026
@AngieTheGardener
I’ve only had the Rachio working for two months in California and it broke with flooding of batteries.
Post by NickBfromOh on Mar 17, 2026
@NickBfromOh
I have also experienced this issue. One of the springs is now broken off
Post by Yana on Mar 22, 2026
@Yana
I had the same problem with moisture build-up in the battery case.
Post by ClashingPlaids on Mar 25, 2026
@ClashingPlaids
I also experienced this problem, and I appreciate that Rachio provided a replacement. However, I am concerned that there has been no mention of any root cause analysis, unit redesign, or even hacks to avoid the problem.
Post by Bahr on Mar 31, 2026
@Bahr
Same issue but contacted support. They said since it was over a year that I had been fighting it, they could no longer repair or replace.
Post by lukie-poo on Apr 11, 2026
@lukie-poo
I hadn’t thought of reaching out when I first encountered this when taking the hose timers inside last fall.
Post by Edl156 on Jun 20, 2026
@Edl156
@franz, do you mind having someone reach out?
Post by jmags1223 on Jun 30, 2026
@jmags1223
Hello all. I just found this thread and I’m also experiencing the same issue. Is there a known solution to this?
Post by btrimboli on Jul 14, 2026
@btrimboli
@franz
I will have our CS team reach out to you!
Thank you for your patience!