Seeding a new lawn - Schedules & Zones / Fixed Schedules - Rachio Community

Seeding a new lawn

post by rekinowski on May 28, 2018

I am setting up my system for a lawn with no grass. I have spread Bermuda seed and am located in South Carolina.

I am needing help with setting the following fields for 4 of my zones:

post by timber on May 28, 2018

@rekinowski For seeding a new lawn I’d actually start with the Fixed Schedule on an hourly interval. This will allow you to keep a consistent moisture level and work with any restrictions.

After the lawn has established, you can move into using the Flex Daily schedule.

post by franz on May 28, 2018

@timber The last thing I would ever do is use a flex daily schedule with a new, unestablished lawn. We also do have an hourly schedule type to help a new lawn get established.

After your lawn is established, we can help with setting zone characteristics and adjusting a flex schedule for you.

post by PaulJ on Jun 21, 2018

I also have new seeded lawn and have read a couple of posts regarding this topic. Seems like best option is to use:

My questions:

  1. How long should each watering event last if I intend to water every 4 hours?
  2. What’s the difference between the “Duration” setting and the “Cycle” setting? If the values are different (as in my case above with 5m Duration and 7m Cycle), what happens?

post by rstanley786 on Jul 7, 2019

I ran into a similar situation. My problem with using Fixed Schedule is that I could not figure out how to include a start and stop time. Looks like it would run in hourly intervals for 24 hours when I really only need watering between 10 AM and 6 PM (8 times). I solved it by just setting up 8 separate schedules, but that was a little tedious because you can’t save a schedule with a different name.