Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community

Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller

post by midge on Dec 31, 2019

I have a Gen3 8 station controller. I need to add additional zones to my landscaping. Would it be best to replace the 8 station controller with a 16 station controller or add an additional 8 station controller?

post by DLane on Dec 31, 2019

@Midge - the KISS principle would say get a 16 station controller and just run one unit. There is also a 12 station controller available from Costco (I believe).

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
That darn moisture graph
Schedules & Zones
1 123 Sep 2025
Smart Lighting Controller (SLC)
New Rachio Products
11 404 4d
New rain sensor flip flopping
Troubleshooting
3 75 Sep 2025
2 Master Valve and up to 2 zone Operation wiring for Less than $20 Tested no more Master valve zone Fault
Wiring
9 182 Sep 2025
Smart House Timer - Can’t Update Firewall
Getting Started
0 30 Apr 27