Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community

Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller

post by midge on Dec 31, 2019

I have a Gen3 8 station controller. I need to add additional zones to my landscaping. Would it be best to replace the 8 station controller with a 16 station controller or add an additional 8 station controller?

537 views

post by DLane on Dec 31, 2019

@Midge - the KISS principle would say get a 16 station controller and just run one unit. There is also a 12 station controller available from Costco (I believe).

Reply

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Event decoding frustration
API
1 91 Jul 2025
Powering Light and Charging Doorbell
Hacks & Magic
1 88 22d
User Skip
Product Suggestions
0 48 Dec 2025
Rachio Gen 3 (Cannot update firmware) WIFI IOS 26.3 unknown error
Troubleshooting
0 71 Apr 3
High bill
Schedules & Zones
1 54 Jun 16