Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community
Second 8 Station or New 16 Station Controller
post by midge on Dec 31, 2019
I have a Gen3 8 station controller. I need to add additional zones to my landscaping. Would it be best to replace the 8 station controller with a 16 station controller or add an additional 8 station controller?
post by DLane on Dec 31, 2019
@Midge - the KISS principle would say get a 16 station controller and just run one unit. There is also a 12 station controller available from Costco (I believe).
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Rachio keeps dropping WiFi | 14 | 373 | May 8 |
| Rachio not stopping zones | 6 | 127 | Sep 2025 |
| Verizon Fios Wi-Fi Extender | 2 | 190 | Dec 2025 |
| API Help - No Rachio devices found in account | 3 | 148 | Dec 2025 |
| Crop coefficient off | 0 | 64 | May 1 |