Scheduling for watering everyday, changing how long based on ET - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community

Scheduling for watering everyday, changing how long based on ET

post by coyote77 on Apr 26

I need to add foundation watering to my home. I see it has been discussed before, for example Best way to setup a zone for Home Foundation Watering Here in Aubrey Texas

The contractor is giving me the option to use Hydrawise (which he’s familiar with) or keep using Rachio, in which case I’d be on my own. He basically said that it needs to be watered 22 minutes per day, increasing or decreasing the time based on heat/rain, etc (ET, evapotranspiration).

What kind of schedule should I use for this? In my experience with Rachio I’ve seen schedules just skip watering, not increasing or decreasing the time (22 minutes in this case) so that one day it’s say 15, and another day 24. Can you guys help me?

48 views
1 link

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Water on End Date? 0 42 Mar 24
2 Master Valve and up to 2 zone Operation wiring for Less than $20 Tested no more Master valve zone Fault 9 185 Sep 2025
Product idea: controller/app for potted plants with pump 1 76 22d
Powering Light and Charging Doorbell 1 91 23d
Two zones configured the same, but getting different water times 2 150 Aug 2025