Schedule not running offline (Gen1) - Troubleshooting / Tech Support - Rachio Community
Schedule not running offline (Gen1)
post by nadava on Oct 24, 2023
I saw documentation that the preset schedules are supposed to run even when the controller is offline, however, it does not seem to run.
Device: Rachio 1st Gen
Situation:
- Used to work great for years, when connected to access point.
- Going forward, the house will not have regular internet access.
- I can connect to it via phone hot-spot, and configure schedule/run it manually, but when it’s offline, seems to not be running.
- Wanted to ensure Gen1 supports this offline feature
- Any thoughts on how to resolve/troubleshoot?
post by franz on Oct 24, 2023
My best guess is the clock battery is not working anymore. I don’t know if that can be replaced, you could try that. If you PM me I can also provide a good discount for a Gen 3.
post by madandeli on Jun 13, 2024
Follow-up question. Are all the models Gen1/2/3 work offline (no wifi) access?
For example, if we (or in between tenants) do not have internet service for a while, will the controller still water based on the programming schedule without an internet connection - similar to how a traditional controller works? Or, do I have to manually start the controller every time/day?
post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 13, 2024
I have not had this kind of experience, but my understanding is that they will continue to work without Wi-Fi. Here is one example, look under heading " What happens if I lose Wi-Fi?" on Rachio Generation 2 FAQ