Saturation Skip Alerts - Schedules & Zones - Rachio Community

Saturation Skip Alerts

post by JohnWJ9 on Jun 30

I accept that you’re trying to do calculations for water saturation. You really do miss the mark when the temps are above 90 and you’re deciding the soil has enough water anyway. However, the big problem I have is that you’re generating the skip notifications a minute AFTER the schedule was supposed to run - not hours before when they can be effectively overridden!
You can do the math. You can even do the math two hours ahead of time. A skip notification should be possible two hours before the schedule, not one minute afterward.

post by RogerC on Jul 7

I completely agree. I sometimes get skip notifications the night before my 5AM scheduled runs would have started. Please update this so I do not have set an alarm for 5 to be sure your not skipping my thirsty flowers…

post by PHMorrrill on Jul 11

Rachio needs to fix this.
I agree and this drives us crazy. In fact, the Rachio should have until midnight the night before scheduled runs to decide if it wants to skip (or at least make it an user option). We frequently cancel skips but that is not possible when notifications are sent at 2 or 3AM! In our area, all skips have to be reviewed because we have high temps and area rains can and do miss us even though Rachio thinks it rained or is going to rain.

post by Kaos on Jul 12

In another forum, I learned that I can “empty” the saturation level Rachio has calculated for my lawn. The two big issues I have that cause the Controller to overestimate the saturation level are:

  1. water pressure at our house is only 32-34 PSI.
  2. sprinkler heads are old
    It would be nice if there was a configurable setting you could adjust to say how much water comes out of your sprinklers.

post by JBTexas 1 day ago

There is. Zones / the zone / Edit / Advanced / Nozzle Inches Per Hour (sometimes called “irrigation rate”) - the number of inches of water applied to your zone per hour, calculated as:
IR (inches/hour) = 96.25 x flow (gallons/minute) / area (sq. ft.)

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
No schedule found
Schedules & Zones
3 62 Sep 2025
Our subdivision
Schedules & Zones
2 85 Aug 2025
Manual Run creating a custom schedule
Schedules & Zones
3 106 Sep 2025
Handling of Tempest Station Offline?
Product Suggestions
2 110 Aug 2025
Heat Boost Not Updating
Flex Daily
6 202 Aug 2025

Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.