Rain Sensor On Cycles (on & off) - Accessories & Sensors / Rain Sensors - Rachio Community

Rain Sensor On Cycles (on & off)

post by mtnbiker63 on Jun 4, 2022

I have a two wire rain sensor (brand new). On my old system (Hydrawise) the two wire sensor went into the common terminal and the other wire into the Sensor terminal. I assumed it would be the same thing with this new sensor and the Rachio 3.

The problem is I get “Rain Sensor On” showing in app for a minute or so then off. It cycles like this continuously. Thus pushing out my next water cycle 3-4 days.

How should I wire this two wire rain sensor to the Rachio 3?

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 4, 2022

What brand and model of rain sensor is it?

post by DLane on Jun 4, 2022

@mtnbiker63 - Sensor 1 and 24 VAC - (which is not Common), doesn’t matter which wire goes where.

See →

post by mtnbiker63 on Jun 4, 2022

Orbit. I just figured it out. S2 and -24 Vac. Seems to be working right now.

post by mtnbiker63 on Jun 4, 2022

I just figured that out. Hooked up to S2 and -24 Vac. Seems to be working now. Not popping up then off again.

post by Thomas_Lerman on Jun 4, 2022

Looks right and great.