Rachio vs Rainmachine irrigation system - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community

Rachio vs Rainmachine irrigation system

post by nelieto060 on Feb 23, 2017

Hello, I want to buy new smart sprinkler systems but I am confused between Rachio and Rainmachine. If anyone has used both then please let me know which one is better.

post by DavidBQ on Feb 23, 2017

Hello nelieto060,

May I suggest you see this video

Smart Sprinkler Controller Comparison: Rachio vs. RainMachine and more

https://youtu.be/elCvCkYO5Rg

Best of luck with your research.

post by mckynzee on Feb 23, 2017

Hi @nelieto060!

That video that @DavidBQ shared gives some pretty great explanations of the different controllers on the market (and from an unbiased source!) If you have any further questions about the Rachio controller’s capabilities please let me know, and I can answer those for you.

post by ngant17 on Feb 23, 2017

I’m still waiting for flow sensors to be added into these ‘smart’ controllers. Hunter is leading the way with I-Core but their 2-wire flow sensors are not generic with other systems. Toro has a generic 2-wire sensor but considerably more expensive. Adding a flow sensor should not cost that much considering hall-effect flow sensors (3-wire) are fairly accurate and output a dependable signal from flow on irrigation mainlines.

post by mckynzee on Feb 24, 2017

Hey @ngant17-

Rachio actually does support adding a flow sensor. For more information on that, you can check out this support article: http://support.rachio.com/article/459-flow-sensors

post by georgebalanchine on Aug 31, 2017

I prefer Rachio over RainMachine due to its connectivity, integrations and simple & intuitive design. The mobile application is more advanced and Rachio always improves.