Rachio Smart Lighting Controller! - Announcements - Rachio Community
Rachio Smart Lighting Controller!
post by franz on Mar 24, 2025
We are excited to announce a new piece of hardware in our lineup for 2025!
The 200-watt Rachio Smart Lighting Controller uses all of the same technology that you love, as well as some new tricks. Control your low voltage lighting with up to three zones, multiple controllers, multiple scenes and other configurations in the Rachio App. Designed to be mounted outdoors (no enclosure required) and plugs directly into a protected outdoor socket. Expected to ship in July.
If you would like to be notified of updates please signup below.
Let us know if you have any questions!
post by DanITman on Mar 24, 2025
Love it, Congrats, I hope to be first on the list to receive it. I’ve combined a couple solutions so I can create zones of light. This market is underserved. Do you know what voltage it will support? A couple of my runs are longer and my current voltage drop requires me to have a transformer that can output higher than 12v
post by franz on Mar 24, 2025
We are outputting 15V specifically to handle these longer runs.
post by DanITman on Mar 25, 2025
Take my money. Exactly what I’m looking for.
post by RPostWVU on Mar 25, 2025
Ahh, the transformer is built in? Not going to be able to do 12VDC, 12VAC and 24VDC systems? I could see just offering a relay (and [electronic] fuse?) option so you can supply any voltage system, or choose your power bank for it. Fuses make troubleshooting shorts so much easier. Having external power supply makes PSU replacement much more customer friendly.
post by dblessing on Mar 28, 2025
Will there be an API? Would love to get this integrated.
post by franz on Mar 28, 2025
Already built!
post by adi624 on Mar 31, 2025
Awe. Some! But PLEASE think ahead and integrate a comms protocol in it, per zone, to allow same power wire comms with eventual future Rachio garden lights to change colors. Lights would have to have receivers, but bring something new to the market please. Want to be able to change light colors on special occasions. Think 4th of July. Think each light with a programmable address and through the wire comms.
post by Thomas_Lerman on Apr 2, 2025
Are you looking at a 3-zone, smart, lighting controller? I have not found that many and know that one is VERY expensive, but it is proprietary (non-standard power & protocol) to do colors on their own system.
post by Excquisik on Apr 24, 2025
I am very interested in this. Do you know if the transformer will output in DC (direct current) for Govee lightings?
post by franz on Apr 25, 2025
Yes! The output is 15VDC!
post by Exquisik on Apr 25, 2025
Yes! SIGN ME UP FOR 3 (1 front and 2 back)!
post by TurfGOD on Jul 12, 2025
Have the lighting controllers shipped yet? Or we talking LATE July? Like 28th to 31st?
post by cmborges on May 11, 2025
Hey @franz, As an owner of 2 Rachio controllers, I got the announcement for the new lighting controller. I have been asking for the Rachio irrigation controller to do this so I thought it was cool Rachio was coming out with a solution.