Rachio Smart Hose Timer cannot connect first time - Troubleshooting - Rachio Community

Rachio Smart Hose Timer cannot connect first time

post by jonfvk on Apr 9

I reset the RSHT HUB TO WHERE IS HAS THE BLINKING YELLOW LIGHT.

Then I start the Rachio app fresh. Click add hose timer.

Then click my address and name the property. Then it asks me if the light is blinking yellow I click yes. (I even tried the other option but did not work) then I scan the bar code. At this point the light goes to solid yellow. No blinking. The Bluetooth now shows the serial number as a connected device. The app asks me at this point to choose a WiFi network. I have tried both the enter manually and to enter from the SSIDS shown in the list. I make sure it says wpa2/psk and put the password in. Then it gets stuck on this screen indefinitely. It never switches from that and in this time period I see the lights change from solid yellow to blinking blue, then blinking purple in succession. I have a 2.4 ghz wifi next to the hub so it’s not a frequency or signal issue.

I have tried this on all three of my RSHT HUBS.

I have an iPhone 14 and have doublechecked all my wireless settings, I am a network engineer and cannot get this done. So I am sure this is a product issue.

Please help. I do not want to return all these, just bought them.

I have a current ticket opened but not really getting anywhere with support.

57 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Internal flooding 0 18 May 28
Smart Hose Timer leaks with frost-free spigot 1 278 Aug 2025
High current draw per Valve monitoring -Need help 4 152 Sep 2025
User Skip 0 50 Dec 2025
App idea: display watering in inch units 1 102 Apr 6