Rachio 3not connecting FIXED - Getting Started - Rachio Community
Rachio 3not connecting FIXED
post by lawndad on Sep 26, 2025
Hello all, I tried all of the tips here, even tried coding had the ISP on the line using Chat GPT to help my code.
I suspect the problem for many stems from the all-in-one router switch access point box that you get from your Internet service provider.
It was strange I was connecting for my Dad but could NOT get final connection. I could however connect to my home network as I also have my own Rachio3.
I ended up renaming my home network and password to be exactly what my dad’s is took it home connected it with airport utility on the MacBook. once connected I returned to my dad’s place and it then successfully connected as it now knew the correct credentials to connect to his network. It was a sneaky backdoor but it seems the ISP provided all in one internet box was the cultrate.
buying your own router may be the solution for many of you here.
127 views
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Newbie - Need Assistance I | 4 | 91 | May 4 |
| Upgrading to Ranchio 3 possible? | 1 | 165 | Oct 2025 |
| Bought house with Rachio system and nice urban garden | 1 | 99 | Sep 2025 |
| Obsolete, End of Life for Rachio device? Add Ethernet | 4 | 277 | 22d |
| Hunter SRC Wiring Question | 2 | 105 | Aug 2025 |