Rachio 3e WIFI Connection Issue - Troubleshooting / Wi-Fi - Rachio Community
Rachio 3e WIFI Connection Issue
post by RichG on Feb 10, 2022
Hi everyone,
I just received my Rachio 3e and went through the setup steps on the app. Everything was good until I got the Connect the Controller part where on first attempt it appeared to connect but immediately the app did a sudden crash and disappeared. Since then I’ve made many attempts but can’t for the life of me get it to connect. The Rachio is about 12 feet from the router and I’m standing near it with my phone.
Phone: Apple iPhone Xs running OS 15.2.1 model number MTAJ2LL/A
Anyway, I joined the support to see what I could find and I found a few people with similar issues but I couldn’t seem to find solutions because people would link to threads that are no longer there.
My questions:
Does anyone know if my phone model is the issue here? I did see some posts mentioning incompatibility but again when I tried to read more I only got ‘Not Found’ pages.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Rich
868 views
post by RichG on Feb 11, 2022
Update: I sent this same info to the tech support and they asked for Serial, Address and email address on the account and forced the controller to be added to my app. It happened very fast and I am now testing the system and configuring my watering schedule! Excellent support so far!
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Hose Valve Hub WiFi Wi-Fi |
1 | 104 | Oct 2025 |
| Verizon Fios Wi-Fi Extender Wi-Fi |
2 | 193 | Dec 2025 |
| Voltage in zones unused Controller |
0 | 67 | Aug 2025 |
| Gallons Saved per Skip Weather |
2 | 78 | Sep 2025 |
| Having Trouble with Valve Events Smart Home & API |
0 | 49 | Jan 24 |