Rachio 3 wifi fix - Troubleshooting / Wi-Fi - Rachio Community

Rachio 3 wifi fix

post by JeffsRachio3 on Jan 18, 2022

THE PROBLEM: Originally, I had a Rachio Technical Support WiFi specialist help me correctly configure my Rachio 3 controller with my Orbi Pro 6 SXR80 because of all of the issues that I was having. As far as I know, that service is no longer available because I cannot find a contact support phone number anywhere anymore. Unfortunately, my router was compromised and I had to immediately reset it. Sadly, all of the Rachio professional wifi settings were lost and I had to start from scratch.

PART ONE OF THE FIX: I started by splitting the 2.4 Mhz and the 5.0 Mhz signals and selecting the vlan setting on all channels. I could not find where the multicast was on or off. I have an iPhone X with the latest operating system. I put it into airplane mode and made sure that the wireless was enabled. When I originally connected to the Rachio 3 controller with my iPhone X, I was able to connect over the 2.4 Mhz network and setup was complete. However, a short time later, the connection to the network was severed for some reason.

PART TWO OF THE FIX: I enabled my WiFi on my iMac and successfully connected directly to the Rachio 3 controller and was able to setup a WiFi connection via the 5.0 Mhz channel and completed the setup that way. The 2.4 Mhz channel was not responsive to the connection request via my iMac.

post by DLane on Jan 18, 2022

@JeffsRachio3 - here is Rachio’s support number 844-4RACHIO (844 472 2446)

post by Macsterguy on Jan 22, 2022

Rachio Support: 1 (844) 472-2446

post by Dogfart on Jan 25, 2022

Protip: Backup your router’s configuration file periodically.