Rachio 3 Rain Sensor Wiring, activating/de-activating - Troubleshooting / Wiring - Rachio Community

Rachio 3 Rain Sensor Wiring, activating/de-activating

post by Ordonez12 on May 14, 2019

My brand new rain sensor /Rachio app doing the same thing. Activating/deactivating 100s of times in the same day.

post by KESM on May 8, 2021

I experienced similar and contacted Rachio. I was instructed to wire it as shown in the diagrams online. It still continued to active and deactivate. I switched it off. Doing so allowed me to discover that I don’t need it. The weather intelligence is far superior and can be bypassed remotely if the user chooses to do so. I will disconnect and trash my rainbird sensor from my old system since it’s obsolete given the weather intelligence tech on the Rachio trumps it.

post by Alturia on May 8, 2021

I just noticed that the original post is 2 years old so withdrew my reply.

post by The_Pilgrim on Apr 26

I have same problem and keep getting notifications. It is a problem with the software cause I hardwired (jumper) from C common to S1 still going on and off.. took jumper off and still getting notifications on and off. I check 24vac at the sensor S1 and checked 24vac at common.

Either the controller is bad or the software is forcing you to run into weather database. I’m almost sure software is forcing users to run on weather database.

post by DLane on Apr 26

@The_Pilgrim 99% of the time I think I’ve seen this in the forum, it is due to incorrect wiring of the rain sensor. Specify the specific rain sensor, post a picture of the current wiring/connections and I bet someone will have an idea.

Welcome to the community.