Rachio 3 - Australia - Setup - Getting Started / International Users - Rachio Community
Rachio 3 - Australia - Setup
post by PIS7OL on Jun 26, 2021
Hi Community,
I just received my gen 3 today and need to confirm two things.
The 24V AC 1amp brick. I’m about to solder the Rachio plug to the unit from Jaycar, does the polarity of the wires matter?
The solution for disabling the Lora antenna, by dropping a bit of solder over the two points. Has this been confirmed to work?
Thanks in advance for you assistance.
post by Loren on Dec 18, 2021
post by Rawr on Sep 26, 2023
Sorry to bump, but trying to avoid someone making the same mistake I did.
The adapter that Loren linked is NOT suitable for Rachio. Rachio requires an AC-AC adapter. The AC-DC adapter Loren linked will cause issues with your Solenoids (I learnt the hard way).
Refer to this thread:
In Australia, searching Google for “AC2410” should get you what you want. Here are some I found (yet to receive one to verify):
- 24VAC 1AMP AC Power Supply 2.1mm Plug
- POWERMASTER AC2410 24V AC 1AMP AC POWER SUPPLY 2.1MM PLUG - 24VAC - Radio Parts
- Search results for: 'AC2410' - Jamell Perth WA
post by kailo on Feb 24, 2024
Thanks @Rawr
I just picked up this power supply from Jaycar which should do the job.
Jaycar - MP3032
Just grabbed one of these right angle plugs which I’ll solder on.
Jaycar - PP0514
Hope this helps.