Please provide a local API to irrigation controller - Product Suggestions - Rachio Community

Please provide a local API to irrigation controller

post by knwpsk on Mar 20

Rachio,

Please provide a local (non-cloud) API to allow smart home platforms to connect directly to the irrigation controller on local network.

I know it’s been asked before. (The most recent thread I found in this forum is from 2023.)

The world of home automation is putting more and more emphasis on local, non-cloud solutions. Home Assistant is leading the way.

I would buy a new Rachio controller if that’s what it takes to get local access. It’s worth that, to me. (Although I would really hope it’s possible to push an OTA update that would retrofit my current controller?)

Next time I buy a controller, this will be a hard requirement for me.

Thanks for listening

@chris

71 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Map load error on weather intelligence page 0 20 May 1
Why Rachio can easily provide a 64 zone controller without making a new model 0 37 May 12
Smart hose update suggestions 0 35 Apr 20
Smart Hose Timer - Report duration of watering for scheduled and manual 0 23 Mar 30
The Actual Pro Warranty Duration 3 72 May 12