Partial App Outage 06.20.2022 - Announcements - Rachio Community
Partial App Outage 06.20.2022
post by dane on Jun 20, 2022
We are currently experiencing a partial app outage. Some users may experience slow load times or issues loading the app (blank screen, controllers will not load, other performance issues).
Our Engineering team is currently working to resolve the issue. Please view the status page at https://rachio.statuspage.io/ for updates.
Update 11:06 PM MT: The issue has been resolved.
post by Adamf79 on Jun 20, 2022
Ok, So I had rachio 2 and now I have rachio 3 for at least 2 years. I never until now want to bad talk about the service. I always recommend this controller for its reliability and easy to work. But since last outage and now again I just had it. This entire experience has not been the same since last outage. App was always sluggish and just not the same. Not this again today. System is out when it hot as hell outside. What is going on with your servers Rachio? People pay a premium price for a premium product it has to be up and working 99.99% of the time. Not happy!
post by ParB on Jun 20, 2022
If it’s resolved within 2-3 hours I’ll be okay. Daylong outage will be problematic given the massive heat we got today.
Overall it’s been pretty reliable for me.
post by G00gl3it on Jun 20, 2022
Absolutely amazing. I bought this two weeks ago and set aside time to install this tonight, right at this hour. And it won’t connect to wifi unless I’m five feet from my router. Seriously. And when I do get it connected I get an error updating the firmware. Then after two hours of fiddling with this I finally Google for issues and find this. PERFECT timing. Really making a new customer feel welcome, I really hope this isn’t par for the course for things to come.
post by Dan-in-SD on Jun 20, 2022
Has everyone forgotten how to use the friggin front panel dial??? Hit Fast-Forward >> once and watch white LED. It will advance to a Zone Number. Keep hitting Fast Forward >> until you get to a Zone Number you want. Then press Play / Pause.
The system will run that zone for you for 3 minutes. Or until you press STOP.
post by ParB on Jun 20, 2022
Is just sucky timing. Not I’m an apologist or anything but the system has been really stable for me. I didn’t even notice the last app outage and it was resolved well before my schedules were supposed to run. Does anyone know if case notes are available? Or root cause analysis? I'd like to know what the issues are that caused the outage. Mostly for intellectual curiosity (I am in high tech and have had engineering mgt and support responsibilities).
post by Dan-in-SD on Jun 20, 2022
Use the front panel dial. I did and it’s fine. Runs for 3 mins but you can make it run again if 3 is not long enough. See my description in the reply to ParB
post by G00gl3it on Jun 20, 2022
I can't, it’s never even been set up. I just have flashing LEDs. It never got to the part where it detected zones (aside from the fact that it doesn’t seem to connect to wifi unless I’m within five to ten feet of the router, yet I have Ring cameras twice the distance away from my garage where this unit will be installed, if it works).
post by Dan-in-SD on Jun 20, 2022
Rachio 3 is a decent product. I had mine for 18 months. I think the once or twice a year issues is bearable. It doesn’t affect the schedules they still would work. Yes, your installation may have to wait until the issue is resolved. Also, my Rachio is only 45 ft. from the home router. I think if you try to use it more than 100ft away and through three walls, it’s going to have issues connecting. I would look into getting some sort of WiFi Repeater for the garage.
post by G00gl3it on Jun 20, 2022
It’s three walls to the garage, probably a direct 40 foot line-of-sight connection. But again, I was having errors in the same room as the router, so my guess is it’s related to the current outage. The timing is just super inconvenient, lol.
post by ParB on Jun 21, 2022
Cloudfare had a major outage last night. Affected lots of websites. Would guess that this caused the Rachio outage.
post by ParB on Jun 21, 2022
I read the outage report. What a painful error in their router configuration. Bet that they are investing in building a logical consistency checker next… https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-outage-on-june-21-2022/
post by Adamf79 on Jun 28, 2022
My service is down again.
post by Gerardv514 on Jun 28, 2022
Did you do an app update? I think this may have more to do with a bad update than the system not working. There’s already another thread about this.
post by ParR on Jun 28, 2022
So we are leaving for vacation and again there’s an outage…no watering can be done…hundreds of dollars of planting done…this is the 3rd time in as many weeks. They say check back in 30 minutes...it’s been 3 hours. This expensive system will be replaced when we return. I will leave reviews on every available website to hopefully prevent others from purchasing this garbage system.