Outdoor Rachio Installation - Getting Started / Rachio 3 - Rachio Community
Outdoor Rachio Installation
post by Gwpotter on Aug 7, 2019
This page in the Rachio Site
about 3/4 of the way to the bottom has the words, “ DO NOT install the over of the base of the controller after it’s mounted in the enclosure.” OK - but the pictures show what I believe is the cover on the controller just below the words in question. (I am assuming the white piece of the controller with a round hole and a slot for the light strip is the cover.)
So should I or should I not put the cover on?
post by DLane on Aug 7, 2019
@Gwpotter - don’t put the cover on. Yes the white piece with the round hole and the slot is the Gen 3 cover.
The reason is I think it makes it a tight fit when the outside enclosure is closed. No harm in leaving the inside cover off.
New & Unread Topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Rachio3 via HomeSeer Rachio 3 |
0 | 48 | May 4 |
| Hose timer will not shut off Troubleshooting |
1 | 83 | Aug 2025 |
| No schedule found Schedules & Zones |
3 | 65 | Sep 2025 |
| Davis Air Link Accessories & Sensors |
1 | 99 | Aug 2025 |
| [Best Ambient Weather Network | |||
| How It Works and Why You Should Use It](https://community.rachio.com/t/best-ambient-weather-network-how-it-works-and-why-you-should-use-it/42294) Weather |
2 | 260 | Dec 2025 |
Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.